• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So why is this game so F'd on release?

Throbbert

Sep 18, 2011
Granted, the bare-bones death-match works okay. I can actually shoot in a "shooter" game.

But how does a company dare to release an unfinished game like this? The stat tracking is ridiculous, the controls are unnecessarily clunky (yes, even for a game going for realism), and that's not even getting to the one-off anomalies.

Was Tripwire broke, needing to push the game out onto the market to stay afloat?

This seems to be the state of the game industry today, and its making PC gaming, especially, look bad. Ever since a company could patch a game, games have released in shameful condition. And we players just eat it up.

Part of me wants to blame the beta testers who just wanted to get good at the game before release, instead of reporting bugs. After all, if you paid the extra ten bucks you got in early and even earned some crappy unlocks that don't all work yet. But beside all that, there are simply too few repercussions for a company, with hype on its side, to release a solid game.

The player will suffer instead. Even if Tripwire fixes this game, the casual player, normally used for cannon-fodder, will have already run off to play Star Wars: Leia's Jugs, Finally and you'll be stuck with the same three, reasonably full, servers you had in RO1. That's right, a 64-man circle-jerk on a good day.

The game is already released, it can't be unreleased. The company is already working hard to fix stuff. The only thing these types of threads are going to do is cause flame wars. We should be looking forward instead of looking back because there is no back. Also the devs are not perfect either, and/or the work is not an exact science. If you fix something there is a chance it could break something else.

It would be far more productive to help report bugs to the devs instead of antagonizing or questioning them. If you want a refund like some others, feel free to talk to steam. If not, then just play or help make the game better.

Upvote 0
The game is already released, it can't be unreleased. The company is already working hard to fix stuff. The only thing these types of threads are going to do is cause flame wars. We should be looking forward instead of looking back because there is no back. Also the devs are not perfect either, and/or the work is not an exact science. If you fix something there is a chance it could break something else.

It would be far more productive to help report bugs to the devs instead of antagonizing or questioning them. If you want a refund like some others, feel free to talk to steam. If not, then just play or help make the game better.

+rep.

Upvote 0
I AM looking forward, I AM reporting bugs. This is yet another example of supposed professionals foisting corrupted software on paying customers. Its not just about this game.

Imagine paying 10 bucks at a theater for a movie that skips a few times, then cuts out about 20 minutes before the end, and you've got RO2.

"No worries!" The film company says. "It'll be finished when the DVD comes out!"

You got kids? You just bought a 3 wheeled power-wheel for your little boy, or a one-legged doll for your girl.

This is what we all just bought for 40 bucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Used to be a time in this country when if a company released a half-finished game the fanbase would march on their headquarters with pitchforks and torches and light the place on fire (figuratively).

Then the internet happened and everything turned to goat turds (sometimes literally).

You can't defend it, and that's the biggest peeve of all.

Upvote 0
Imagine paying 10 bucks at a theater for a movie that skips a few times, then cuts out about 20 minutes before the end, and you've got RO2.
I pay $11.50 for one ticket and about $9 for medium popcorn and large soda at the movies and the doors for the movie have windows which has daylight that comes through that hits the screen, not counting how many people that open the door during the movies, and not counting the whining children at the movie I go see.

The game will get fixed, hold your horses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CRY MORE.....

That's all I'm going to post in this moronic threads anymore.. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BBAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Games perfect, I love it. Sick and tired of coming here to actually try and discuss the game and instead I see these stupid damn threads.. This is a discussion forum, not a cry and moan forum, technically your crying etc should probably be in SUGGESTIONS or something..

Who cares about stats? I don't, it'll be ironed out eventually.. For now you can still join servers and shoot people and play the game just fine... stats don't hinder anything. So either quit crying on here or continue BAWWWING your head off and quit.

Upvote 0
CRY MORE.....

That's all I'm going to post in this moronic threads anymore.. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BBAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Games perfect, I love it. Sick and tired of coming here to actually try and discuss the game and instead I see these stupid damn threads.. This is a discussion forum, not a cry and moan forum, technically your crying etc should probably be in SUGGESTIONS or something..

Who cares about stats? I don't, it'll be ironed out eventually.. For now you can still join servers and shoot people and play the game just fine... stats don't hinder anything. So either quit crying on here or continue BAWWWING your head off and quit.

The suggestions thread is for the devs. I can't suggest to them to turn back time. If there is a place to whine, this is it. Didn't mean to make you click this thread and type all that, bud. Sorry about that. Sorry. My fault. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Roztig死;888741 said:
I pay $11.50 for one ticket and about $9 for medium popcorn and large soda at the movies and the doors for the movie have windows which has daylight that comes through that hits the screen, not counting how many people that open the door during the movies, and not counting the whining children at the movie I go see.

Okay, I don't know why you'd put up with that theater, but its none of my business.

My point is that you can open up the game and recognize glitches within a few minutes. The only glitches you should see in a released game should be rare. And they had the balls to just flop it out there because they knew people like you would just accept it that way. So nowadays Betas really mean alphas and released games really mean betas.

Good on all of us if they really fix it. But where is their real incentive now? They banked on Ro1s rep and now they've got your money. I mean, I have faith in the goodness in people's hearts, but laziness and forgetfulness are crammed in there too.

Reactions: Kipper
Upvote 0
Used to be a time in this country when if a company released a half-finished game the fanbase would march on their headquarters with pitchforks and torches and light the place on fire (figuratively).

Then the internet happened and everything turned to goat turds (sometimes literally).

You can't defend it, and that's the biggest peeve of all.

It is true, times have changed, but so has technology, and with it, standards for distribution. In this day and age, developers no longer look at release deadlines as an end. Internet-delivered patches are no longer seen as merely a convenience for fixing rare problems in a game, but almost as an integral part of a game's development.

If this were a decade ago, and the technology was relatively new, I would completely agree with your point, and say that TWI was trying to cheat us in some way, and that we ought to protest more fiercely. But now digital distribution and regular downloadable patches are not only a generally proven method, but are almost completely industry standardized.

Red Orchestra 2 also lacks support for many older computers that may have been able to run the original Red Orchestra, yet such complaints are met with comments along the lines of "get a better computer". Well, get with the modern standard for game development. Tripwire could have added in support for older computers, but that would require spending even more time preparing the game by optimizing and debugging their software for far lower PC specifications than any of us here would even care about, development time you would surely consider superfluous, just as delaying the game further, and potentially losing holiday sales in order to meet some gamers' expectations of what a state a "released" game should be, is superfluous in this modern age of online patches and continuous support.

While I too am eager to see this game live up to it's full potential, TWI has already put so much work in to HoS, criticizing them for releasing the game somewhat ahead of schedule to not only please the cries of fans, but also to finally make some money and pay their devs, seems a bit unfair at this point.

Be patient, while their history is not as large as other game companies, I think they have yet to betray our trust to such a point where a few bugs in an otherwise great game should doom Heroes of Stalingrad, and whatever the future may hold for RO2, forever.

Put down the pitchforks, extinguish your torches, sit down at your keyboard and play :) For whatever it lacks, this game series is not yet "goat turds" :p

Upvote 0
I AM looking forward, I AM reporting bugs. This is yet another example of supposed professionals foisting corrupted software on paying customers. Its not just about this game.

"No worries!" The film company says. "It'll be finished when the DVD comes out!"

You got kids? You just bought a 3 wheeled power-wheel for your little boy, or a one-legged doll for your girl.

This is what we all just bought for 40 bucks.

Thanks man, I don't know what we do without people like you to point out the bleeding obvious! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Roztig死;888741 said:

I take it the popcorn is the over priced DLC content ? :D

Upvote 0