• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I believe Punkbuster may be causing me to crash.

Sifer2

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Hey all I remember reading that in Beta Punkbuster was causing some people to crash. I don't know if they were supposed to have fixed that or not. What I do know is that when I play on Punkbuster enabled servers I consistently seem to crash before a map is over. Where as so far me playing on servers with no Punkbuster I can play fine for several maps even.

Now I already tried to manually update PB using the PBupdate program from the evenbalance site. It did update my files which means I guess the in game update is not working correctly for me. Even afterwards though I still crash on PB servers. I'm not sure what I should do to fix this if it is indeed PB causing the crashes any advice would be appreciated.

Also someone should tell the PB devs their PBupdate program is out of date an looks for the RO:HOS beta directory by default instead of retail.