• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For A Nine Second Laugh...

Either using a hack or a console controller.

You decide.

:troll:

Actually, I could believe he is just "jerking the trigger" by hitting his mouse button hard, and his mouse sensitivity shows that as a little jump from the point he starts to push the button to when he releases it.

I noticed when my blood gets pumping in-game that my shots seemed to jerk like that too. I kept thinking some bug or something was causing it, then I realised I was mashing the mouse button and it would move a tiny bit, and my sensitivity is so high that it showed up on screen as a little jerking motion upwards.

At first I kept trying to stop it, then I realised just how immersive it was and decided to just leave it alone. Basically when I get excited or stressed, I start "jerking the trigger" just like a real guy being shot at might do.

Sure it probably puts me at a disadvantage...but I like being the underdog. It feels better when you win :p

-

Off topic but related: When I first started playing FPS games, I used a standard 3 button mouse. The I met this guy who had a Razor gaming mouse and when he told me how much it cost, I called him nuts. When we played against each other, he didn't seem to be doing any better than me, so I figured he was deluding himself. Then I tried one.

It really is true. Before that I learned to shoot centre mass because I could never be precise enough or quick enough to get snap headshots. After changing, headshots were as easy as anything else. The MOUSE makes a massive difference. If you are having trouble in this or any FPS, and you don't have a proper gaming mouse with something like 2000+ DPI resolution and a much higher update rate than normal, you really don't know just how much advantage people who ARE using them get from them.

They really do make a big difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
rITPo.jpg

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
Pic removed for sanity

Haha! That's exactly what I have been talking about on a lot of different threads. People die easily in the game because they get target fixation. They are so busy concentrating on what is in front of them, that they forget there is a whole world hidden behind them. That world is where I like to hang out.

Basics, people, basics! Keep your "head on a swivel" and look around. You never really know if that guy coming up behind you is a friendly coming to help, or an enemy coming to kill, until you actually look at him.

In fact most times when people say they have no idea where they got shot from, that's where it came from, which is why they never saw it. It came from the enemy they never saw, because they were focusing all their attention on killing another enemy and never looked round.

This is a pretty ridiculous example, but I see it all the time. I once watched a whole squad of Germans running behind a whole squad of Russians no more than 20m away, and neither side saw the other. They both expected the other to be in front of them, so neither looked behind, and they never saw each other. I couldn't shoot at one without shooting at the other, so I had to just watch them going their separate ways, blissfully unaware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0