• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank spawn rate

M55ikael

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Please lower the spawn rate of tanks. As it stands now Soviet and Axis troops have the same amount of tanks on every map, and they respawn almost instantaneously (or at leats at the same rate as the rest of the troops).

This makes for very uninteresting combined arms scenarios where the tanks are constantly forced to engage each other, basically separating the infantry from the tanks and having them fight two separate battles. If the spawn rate would be lowered they would be more afraid of being destroyed and perhaps not be as quick to engage each other. Also if one tank were to destroy the other he would then have a better opportunity to position himself and support the infantry while the other tank is waiting to respawn.

And considering how difficult it is to take out a tank with the AT rifle it is very demoralizing to know that he will yet again respawn in 10 seconds.

The AI players in the tank should also be detracted from the team reinforcements IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Extension7
+1

EDIT: I tried playing as a tanker properly yesterday. Fallen Fighters, T34. Often I was alone versus two PanzerIV, who would set up so they could cross fire. I would go around the flanks, use terrain to get better field of fire, be camuflaged, get cover, to approach from unexpected location etc. I killed many more tanks than I lost, and machine gunned a lot of infantry in the center square. But some of my team members were saying I was 'trying to lose the game for the team' by not using the tank, and demanded I drive into the center action and be useful - and if not, to give the tank up to someone who would. I protested and said I was doing much already, and it was not a good idea to drive into the cross fire of the Panzer IV's in plain view as the T34 will just be killed before accomplishing anything. They demanded I do it. I did. Instant death (no surprise). I then ignored their complaints and went back to using it sensibly.

The fact that the tanks respawn almost instantly may be why some of my team thought it was better to just keep suiciding it in the center and hope to take someone with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I drive tanks all the time in this game, and I agree they respawn too quickly. 30-45 seconds and commanders force respawn would still work, is what I was thinking. It'd have to be a variable in the map info so it doesn't screw with maps like gumdrak, maybe even adjustable per side (pz4 taking slightly longer to respawn than a t-34, ect).

Upvote 0