• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI please read it

Oliie

Sep 2, 2009
I understand that this game is "Heroes of Stalingrad", but castrating it to only Stalingrad is wasting so much potential of it. I'd (and probs not only I) really appreciate it if you expanded it to being like Ostfront, with all the weaponry and maps. Essentially, what I'm asking is RO1 with the gfx and mechanics of RO2.
TwI please rethink expanding the game further.

That's what TWI's modding community is for. The game as it is right now was a monumental effort on TWI's part, so anything in terms of changing fronts or things like that will come in the form of a mod. Not too long from now if I'm not mistaken actually, I know of the rising storm team which focuses on the pacific front that is fairly far along in development right now.

Here's their website link, go show them some love
http://www.risingstormgame.com/about-rising-storm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes we demand 1941-1945 I often felt they went with just stalingrad because it would be less work lol

I want: mg42, g43 (scope and no scope), panzerfaust,panzerschreck, luger p08, pps 43, All tanks from ro1, mp41, ppd40, and stg44

the game would be so much m ore awesome with all these weapons why loose half the weapons from the first ro? (excluding panzerscreck) it doesnt make sense to gut out all the goodies

Upvote 0
yes we demand 1941-1945 I often felt they went with just stalingrad because it would be less work lol

I want: mg42, g43 (scope and no scope), panzerfaust,panzerschreck, luger p08, pps 43, All tanks from ro1, mp41, ppd40, and stg44

the game would be so much m ore awesome with all these weapons why loose half the weapons from the first ro? (excluding panzerscreck) it doesnt make sense to gut out all the goodies

Well heck then, why stop at WWII? Where's my tacticool M4? What about my muskets and a blunderbuss? It'd be so much more awesome to have every last weapon ever conceived. Catapults or gtfo.

I view RO2 more so as a core game that is to be expanded on. Rising Storm is obviously going to happen, there is not a chance in hell that a Western Front mod won't happen at some point, and it's highly likely we'll see more eastern front as well - if not from TWI, from someone. And WWI, and Vietnam.... heck, if someone wanted to we could do Laser Space War 2097.

Therefore, I think it is more important that they get the core mechanics as complete as possible, as the community really can take care of a good portion of the rest. There are more people who can make mods than there are staff at TWI - think about that. They can literally only do so much.

Upvote 0