• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Stats System is Borked Beyond Belief...

turbulence

Aug 29, 2011
what a worthless system. Did TWI really need this headache?

Is there some sort of depth that these stats add to the game which i'm not seeing? Aside from people stat padding and boosting in the near future...

Personally I have no problem with stats. It simulates a soldier becoming familiar with a weapon. Obviously he gets killed, but it still makes sense.

Upvote 0
This doesnt make much sense. YOU as the player should get better overtime, not your in game avatar.

So wrong...Yes of course you are supposed to get better over time as a player. But if the screen avatar still reloads the gun 20 seconds you have no sense of progression whatsoever. I personally love any form of any stat system in any game. It just adds to the immersion and sense of acomplishment.

Upvote 0
It coincides. You can get better to a point and your soldier does it with you. It's not very hard to kill people right now anyway, a bullet is a bullet, so any stat gains are fairly unnoticeable, aside from melee damage.

i suppose thats true.

also one other observation, why does your stats page display kdr? In such a team oriented game, shouldnt it display you're wlr (win loss ratio instead)?

Last thing we need are people playing like dumba**es because they want to boost their kdr

Upvote 0
i suppose thats true.

also one other observation, why does your stats page display kdr? In such a team oriented game, shouldnt it display you're wlr (win loss ratio instead)?

Last thing we need are people playing like dumba**es because they want to boost their kdr

I don't know, I never pay attention to that part. The good thing is that it doesn't display deaths in the tab stats, similarly to RO1, which saves us from many potential statwhores who constantly press tab instead of paying attention.

Upvote 0