• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nvidia Beta Drivers?

Howitzer114

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Michigan, USA
Hello folks!

I just installed Nvidia's v285.37 Beta driver. Sadly I haven't seen a FPS boost. But that brought me to this thought; Are my specs really good enough to play this game at high at the least?

Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
4.00 Gigs RAM
GTX 470

These specs seem formidable, but I want to know if there is anybody out there with similar tech, and what their FPS average is. And if the new Beta Driver did anything at all.

You're fine.

The game is unoptimized .. That's all.

Your being unfair. Since the beta started the game has recieved major optimizations including a major downgrading of the smoke special effects as an example. It's not at full optimized levels is what i would say.

But as for the new Nvidia beta drivers released on the 13th of September.

I installed them on a few nights ago and once i restarted my computer i found a major boost to my frames per second. By as much as 20 or so frames.

Im running:

Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU: Intel i7 860 2.8Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: GT230 2GB

EDIT: I can now run the game in High with some settings set to Ultra. Whereas before i could only run the game in Medium.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, haven't Restarted my PC yet. I reckon I'll try it out again tomorrow.

Aye, thats the fault i had too. There was talk on our Teamspeak server about drivers and i had a lightbulb moment reminding me that i hadn't actually restarted my computer since installing the drivers. *facepalm*

Remember though that beta drivers are potentially harmful to your machine and will not always benefit your build. Your GPU is considerably newer than mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your being unfair. Since the beta started the game has recieved major optimizations including a major downgrading of the smoke special effects as an example. It's not at full optimized levels is what i would say.

But as for the new Nvidia beta drivers released on the 13th of September.

I installed them on a few nights ago and once i restarted my computer i found a major boost to my frames per second. By as much as 20 or so frames.

Im running:

Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU: Intel i7 860 2.8Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: GT230 2GB

EDIT: I can now run the game in High with some settings set to Ultra. Whereas before i could only run the game in Medium.

I'm as "fair" as i can be.

I was posting my PERSONAL experience. I guess that's a good way to explain? How am i not fair if this is how my game actualy runs ?

You should be lucky you can run at high, Im running the game completely on low with average of 15 - 20 fps.

Upvote 0
I think it's just the game using hardware in a weird way at this moment, it's ended up being overly CPU bound, when it was going to be GPU bound. They have said they are going to work on fixing that issue. There is really nothing we can do except build a new high end system to guarantee it will run well no mater -what-.. Or wait, as much as I hate waiting too.

Computers that should be getting "excellent" performance are getting "okay" performance, which means computers that should be getting "okay/good" are getting "poor".

Edit cause I forgot: Yes I have a system similar to you OP and I'm doing pretty poor, Apartments runs okay though, but that's the only map. I tried the beta Nvidia drivers but I did not notice any FPS boost, just a BSOD I got earlier with one of the beta drivers listed as the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
My game gets stutters all the time and only runs about 30fps at best with 2 460s superclocked
(to be honest if these issues are not fixed ill probably never buy a tripwire game again, I have bought every single game they have made, I trust they will fix it one day, but from what iv seen it looks hard coded into the game its self so it might take a few months)

Last edited:
Upvote 0