• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World War 2 Online vets?

Upvote 0
Another day 1 player here. Haven't played very much the last few months, but eventually I always get another craving for it. Rate of progress on it has been disappointing the last couple of years (though the core gameplay is pretty good) but hopefully they can pick it up again at some point. Getting more advanced terrain into the main game just by itself would totally revitalize it.

Upvote 0
Not a day one player but was pretty devoted from 2005 until last year. Taking an extended break, pretty disappointed when numbers did not go up after the big 1.30 release. When the numbers are decent the game is a blast, easily the funnest thing to play on a computer. They really need to revamp a lot of the mechanics, but I have been keeping an eye on production updates and may give the game a go again.

For the moment RO2 is pretty sweet and keeping me entertained. Sadly though only 64 players and I crave a big WWIIOL style battle with a few hundred people (even if they were incredibly rare events).

Upvote 0
Yep, I was a day 1 player. 12th SS Panzer, "Popsjgr" in game. Probably the best gaming experience of my life was a massive German push on the British front lines with approximately 8 to 10 different divisions at once. Built slow with recon then the call went out and troops started showing up from everywhere. Commanders started organizing on the fly and directing all along the front. The allies absolutely freaked! I had a friend that was Allied and on post at a town and said that the sight of the massive waves of Axis troops coming over the hill and down on the town was incredible. He tried to call in for reinforcements but it was futile. We initially routed the defenders but they did a good job of tactical withdrawal after they finally regrouped. We had them on the run for hours. Seeing this whole campaign come together was incredible and a memory I will never forget. I was told later that there were approximately 350-400 players involved. I was old then in 2001, 46 but now I'm really...........what was I saying?....... oh yeah, old. And remember kid;, reload, and reload often, the old guys are coming!

Cheers to all of you great vets out there.
Hansdorr (yep he is a real guy, look him up)

Upvote 0
S! 31st Wrecking Crew member checking in!

Played it for a couple years a few years back. But with the price and time required to put into it it wasn't worth it when I went to college.

Thought about signing up again, but it's still expensive and the whole USA thing is a turn off as it really gets away from the heart of the game.

Had some fun times doing tank and resupply columns with the wrecking crew. At times we'd have 30+ vehicles on the road.

Setting up flak traps were fun as hell too!

Upvote 0
I played a lot in the very early days. I recieved an early boxed copy for review (same box as Mafiozo) and was one of the first Europeans to get his hands on it.

I tried a couple of times later, but never quite recaptured the initial fun as I was never part of any active group. So just joined and went where the action seemed to be.

But I remember the early days, driving a truck in a large impromptu convoy of tanks and infantry, towing their own arty support with a Stuka and 109 flying close air support overhead.

Upvote 0