• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

I should add, that since the game went live I have only been forced to take the rifle class one time. In Ostfront if you got to the server late you were pretty much guaranteed to be getting to know the bolt action rifles better, or the DP28. :p

There are too many SMG's available IMO, making HoS feel a lot different than Ost from the get-go.

HOS is different from OST......It's a new, different game.

Upvote 0
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with what I think is happening here...

What I think is going to happen
- The Mkb/AVT will be limited to the assault class, available to all assault troops
i.e on a 64 man server, 6 available

What I want to happen
- The Mkb/AVT will be limited to the assault class, and then limited to only 1-2 of the assault class
i.e on a 64 man server, 2 available

I don't quite understand when or why this changed, going from being a rare weapon you had to earn and be experienced to get access to, to being as readily available as the MP40 (I'm not suggesting it is "game breaking", but it's really not something I want to see at all - an experimental, prototype weapon!), and only available to those who preordered the DDE. There will be more Mkbs in RO2, than there were STG's in RO:Ost.

It is a very big shift from what we were told when the first announcements were made (and ever since) and it's generally very unsettling, and I'm disappointed.

I think it massively reduces the whole unlock systems worth - because all you're unlocking are nice little updates for your uber weapon you've had since day 1 (actually, day 3) - you don't have to be experienced at all to get it. And I can see the Mkb is a different kettle of fish to the MP40, but if you treat it right it is lethally effective - better than a k98 or a G41, and better than the MP40. It just shouldn't be in the game in that way. It's a similar story for the AVT.

I like to think I have always had an understanding of your guys development process and approach to game design, but you've lost me here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't get the point.

Call of Duty does arcade better so why even piss away the last bit of what made the game special?

Nope I get it! This is a different game, thank god :) The ridiculous smg recoil and nerfed MG's were not great, now they are ;)

Don't forget to vote me down :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just change this quick, less is going to be better than where its at now, and if the community still doesnt like it, then it can be adjusted, just fix it now because where its at now is game breaking.
Game "breaking" ? not even close, some horrible bug that killed all with a shot to the toe would be "game breaking"

Upvote 0