• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Solution to realism vs unlocks

Yellonet

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2007
Keep the current unlocks in the arcade mode, in fact arcade mode could be expanded with all kinds of "cool" experimental guns and equipment as some players really like that stuff, this would bring even more players to the game.

But even though it's good to get new blood into the game, there's no reason to turn the backs on us that have loved RO1 for what it is and was really looking forward to more of the same with even improved realism.

So for me and likely quite a few more it would be very very welcome if we had a really realistic mode that have both the realistic gameplay and only realistic outfits and weapons that were really used in numbers in Stalingrad.

The following would probably be enough, and it's not asking that much as we already have them in the game, I'm just asking for the other things to be left out of one (1) mode.

• K98 / MN9130 + sniper variants
  • MP40 single mag / PPSH41 drum mag
  • G41 / SVT40 + sniper variants
  • P38 / TT33
  • MG34 / DP28
Unlocks for this mode could be something that wasn't exactly standard issue but is still realistic, such as grenade bundles, Molotov cocktails and the like.

I'm sure a "Classic/Bare Bones" mode would be very popular, ie no unlocks and role distribution and load outs being more in line with RO1. I for one would play it exclusively.

This thread really belongs in the Ideas and Suggestions forum though.
I'm pretty sure that this would appeal to many RO veterans and also any new players that are interested in realistic gameplay and accuracy and don't want the alternate history experience.

Upvote 0
It needs to be standardized from TWI otherwise we'd have as many variants as there are servers.

I agree. Another neat feature would be gaining xp/honor in these servers so you could try your unlocks in the arcade servers for some variety if you so choose.

Let's not ask for features not in the game like separate unlocks (they could be implemented in the long run). Just a more realistic approximation with the features we already have, as realistic servers aren't really realistic at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree. Another neat feature would be gaining xp/honor in these servers so you could try your unlocks in the arcade servers for some variety if you so choose.

Let's not ask for features not in the game like separate unlocks (they could be implemented in the long run). Just a more realistic approximation with the features we already have, as realistic servers aren't really realistic at all.
Yep, I would be more than happy to "just" have a proper realistic mode.

Upvote 0