• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tricksy machine gunners! >.<

skewp

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2011
Croatia
Noticed this a few times and it really annoyed me :D

I see an enemy machinegunner lying on the ground looking in the completely opposite direction so I try to sneak up behind him and give him a stab in the back. I pop out of cover and he sprays me down. Then I notice that he's in a position which can be best described like this: " |\ " The straight line being his body looking north, and the other line being his machinegun pointing in my direction.

That's some serious prone deployment issue.

EDIT: erm I should have probably posted this in the Bugs section. Move pls.

Noticed this a few times and it really annoyed me :D

I see an enemy machinegunner lying on the ground looking in the completely opposite direction so I try to sneak up behind him and give him a stab in the back. I pop out of cover and he sprays me down. Then I notice that he's in a position which can be best described like this: " |\ " The straight line being his body looking north, and the other line being his machinegun pointing in my direction.

That's some serious prone deployment issue.

EDIT: erm I should have probably posted this in the Bugs section. Move pls.

It's possible to move a gun that's on a turning pivot without moving your body and just moving your arms. If you lie on the floor and turn the gun left on the pivot your body doesn't slide with the gun, your arms just move and maybe you move yourself an inch closer so you can look in the sights still.

Upvote 0
It's possible to move a gun that's on a turning pivot without moving your body and just moving your arms. If you lie on the floor and turn the gun left on the pivot your body doesn't slide with the gun, your arms just move and maybe you move yourself an inch closer so you can look in the sights still.

What I'm saying is that a person shot me while his gun was facing 180 degrees in the opposite direction. That's not pivoting, thats a bug.

Upvote 0
Seen it happen a couple of times, apparently looks fine in first person.
Might be caused by people moving and turning while deployed.

That's exactly what happens imo.

Yes I'm sure I was shot by that person since the camera points at him after I die. And no, he was not lying inside of a corpse. The same person killed me 3 times in a row so I'm positive it was him and that this is a bug. I was mad as hell ;D
It happened in Station and he was lying inside of a bomb crater. It's like whichever route I try to flank him from, his body is in the same position and his weapon is looking at me. Extremely confusing, every time I thought I had him and he killed me, I nailed him after 4th attempt though. I've seen it happen on other maps on all sorts of locations as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0