• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ro vets one thing i don`t understand.

The Beast (nl)

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
I am also a ro vet and one thing i really don`t understand.

I played ro1 everyday from the first day it came out till ro2 beta came out.
When i played ro1 the last year or so there were 3 to 4 maps full
and that was it. I was always in a 50 player server and if it was
full i couldnt play because other servers were empty.

Ro1 had his time, this is the future.

My lord :(

Everybody is flaming and telling that ro1 is great but
where was everybody then when i played it??

I ran into the same problem. 2-3 servers full of the most hardcore, skilled players that violently murdered my noob behind. RO1 was a great game back in it's hayday, but by the time I got into it it was the realm of hardcore vets only.

Upvote 0
I am a RO 1 vet.
I loved roost, RoHoS is not bad but what they did with the unlocks was kind of a mistake.

The axis team is way too overpowered now, sure they will fix in the upcomming patches.

And for some bigger maps like in roost and some trenche warfare maps,loved those.
We have to wait for the mappers ;)

Unfortunately now, the game is not really enjoable if you are playing on the allied side.
You'll get your arse wiped.

Upvote 0
I played RO1 up until the release of the open beta of RO2. Haven't played it since, though I may return depending on how fast it will take TWI to sort out the worst bugs of RO2 (I am thinking a year until this will be fully playable with no major grievances).

But you are right, there were only 3 or 4 servers populated at the time, a situation that seemed to have kicked in about 1 year ago. DH was even worse, for long periods of time there were only 1 or 2 servers, and at the wrong time of day there wouldn't even be any!

Upvote 0
I played RO1 up until the release of the open beta of RO2. Haven't played it since, though I may return depending on how fast it will take TWI to sort out the worst bugs of RO2 (I am thinking a year until this will be fully playable with no major grievances).

But you are right, there were only 3 or 4 servers populated at the time, a situation that seemed to have kicked in about 1 year ago. DH was even worse, for long periods of time there were only 1 or 2 servers, and at the wrong time of day there wouldn't even be any!

I came late to the party, and sadly, I've never had a good time with DH. Very few active servers, for one. The ones I did find were often locked behind a password. Then, the experiences I had playing were often bad. I got kicked out of a server once just for choosing the wrong class! I chose Infantry and was told it was a tank only map. They asked me to switch and I tried, but wasn't fast enough, apparently. Booted. When I came back in and asked WTF? They said "nothing personal, we just wanted you to get the message." unbelievable. I told them to F-off and logged. This was an established server. Had similar foul experiences that never seemed to happen in ROOst.

Then I discovered Mare Nostrum and it looked awesome! I was excited until I discovered that NO servers were populated. Only found one game eventually on an Aussie server. Usually, though, nothing. Maybe they've been out so long that people just lost interest.

At least the original RO still has players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was right there....in the North Field...waiting for you lol :IS2:
Now i'll be waiting at the Airfield hangers..lol

Heh major great to see you back.
That were times with your is2 in the north field against my

tiger. .:)

But i am much better with the T34 of ro2 than the of ro1 so.....come on then...lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0