• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

Heh, while I do have to side with TWI fixing this, "Mod the game yourself" has been the soloution to every Bethesda release of the last 10 years, and that's worked pretty well for them. The core game is fun and all, but they only really shine once the great mods roll out.

I already predict that Skyrim is going to be a bug ridden mess, but I have it preordered anyway because I know what the game is going to evolve into after a few months of modding.

This is true, but those are all singleplayer examples where you dont have to worry about keeping you server from disappearing into the land of unranked servers.

And Spindle, I dont think anyone is complaining solely about how effective the new weapons are. Beside it is possible to be the most effective player without getting a kill, so I'd love to know what gun Sithis was using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, don't downplay the babushka's with the pitchforks. They'll take on your panzer, no worries.

This made my morning. Thanks for this.

Looks a lot like the MKB Inquisition that's coalescing elsewhere on the forums. A bunch of realism old-timers proudly swinging their superiority with inferior weapons around in the face of the tidal-wave of MKBs.

This is true, but those are all singleplayer examples where you dont have to worry about keeping you server from disappearing into the land of unranked servers

Very true.

Upvote 0
The thing is, when people say, "mod the game yourself" I can't help but think, why should we be responsible for fixing TW's game? We shouldn't have to make the solution ourselves. If you deny that there is an issue with the number of automatic weapons in general, then I think you are hanging out in the wrong thread.

I deny there is an issue with automatic weapon numbers in general as long as there is an option to restrict them without unranking servers.

I don't deny that they are too accurate at long range, however.

However, increasing realism by reducing accuracy and limiting weapon distributions should never unrank a server. Only making the game easier should do that.

Upvote 0
Only about half the squad leaders at Stalingrad were even equipped with MP40's (The Wehrmacht was transitioning its infantry squad structure and in the MIDDLE of equipping SL's with them during that period ... nevermind that Stalingrad got p-poor supply, too). Sturmgewehr's were non-existent there. If there are even TWO MP40's on the German team, realism DICTATES that there MUST be a minimum of 16 Kar98's, as that was the minimum proportion of those weapons at the time of Stalingrad.

As far as Stalingrad goes, assault rifles were a thing of the FUTURE.

Not really true. The weapon was more used then thought. Granted it wasen't in everyones hands but there were quite a few in German hands. To ***** about it in this game is like *****ing about snipers. Welcome to WW2, nothing is simple or the same. Move acrodingly and stop crying about everything in this game. My only real beef is the fact that you can't exit a tank. That to me is pretty much now a fault in this game...

Upvote 0
I deny there is an issue with automatic weapon numbers in general as long as there is an option to restrict them without unranking servers.

I don't deny that they are too accurate at long range, however.

However, increasing realism by reducing accuracy and limiting weapon distributions should never unrank a server. Only making the game easier should do that.

Actually no, the MKB is very realistic the way it was modeled. It was designed to have the accuracy of a rifle with the firepower of an SMG, hence "assault rifle". The Germans did research during the war and figured out that most combat takes place inside 300m and most engagements were won by the side that got the most lead in the air. So, they set off to create a "force multiplier" weapon that was capable of putting dozens of rounds downrange while still maintaining accuracy out to 300m.

So as it's designed, the MKB is very realistic, there's just -WAY- to many of them.

Upvote 0
Some of you really need to consider swallowing a fork for breakfast every morning.... You just cant be fu**ing pleased...

Instead of *****ing about something that can actually be changed , or trying to post your crash issues , and help them fix the tech part of the game... No... Noooo... You have to pop here , every 20 mins , and make a post that is mentioning CoD , or something alike , at least 5 times...

I dont see how this weapon is so ,,OP`` . It looks good... yeah , that must be it !
The recoil on this weapon , makes it fairly hard to use , if not as semi-auto Bold action. In close range , its nowhere near to compete with PPSh or MP40 , and in long long range , its nowhere to compete with Mosin or Kar. Its quite balanced medium / Long range assault weapon , and I dont see where are you going with all these posts.

Either post something constructive , or call your best friend and ***** to him.

(( Apologies to everybody who actually posted something normal in this thread , dident mean to push you on the bandwagon too ))

The weapon's atributes are fine just the quantity is the problem. There should be 1 maybe 2 to a platoon (team of 32 in RO2)

Upvote 0
I refuse to play until a solution is found. I can't stand everybody running round with these weapons. I believe this wasn't what they intended to do, hopefully they'll restrict these weapons to Hero class as they should be.

After the release I'm trying to introduce more people into my community with adjectives like "authentic, realistic" but TWI is making me look silly after ninja-moves like these.

Upvote 0
I actually like killing MKB42 guys with a Russian revolver because I can't get into the German team because of all these MKB42 f*ggots.

See what you've done Tripwire. You've made it so the German realism guys have to play for the ALLIES in order to fight back against the greater menace. The MKB spam is worse than Soviet communism.

Upvote 0
See what you've done Tripwire. You've made it so the German realism guys have to play for the ALLIES in order to fight back against the greater menace. The MKB spam is worse than Soviet communism.

Sweet merciful Stalin, is it really bad enough to get the hardcore German-ites to turn against their beloved Fatherland?

There's seriously something wrong here. If Facists are sullying themselves by taking up Mosins to stop this menace, there must be changes.

[0% sarcasm, by the way]

Upvote 0