• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion]To much STG and AVT

It's simply bloody disgusting how SIMPLE, BOLT ACTION RIFLES that were issued by the MILLIONS are the least used weapons in this game. Everyone gets to take an SVT, G41, MKB, MP-40, PPsH... what the hell happened to realism? God, I rarely ever get angry or complain about RO because I love the game(s) but this just freaking sucks. I don't feel like playing the game anymore.

Agreed, the game needs way more bolts.

I've played for 10 hours, and I use an elite rifle absolutely every game I join. Oh, and because elite riflemen/commanders/SLs can use SMGs, I often pop over to an smg for a few minutes when I need to clear out some buildings. Only once in 10 hours have I had to choose a bolt.

On the plus side, the AVT doesn't really need to be reduced in frequency. That gun sucks, so who cares if anyone can use it :p (I absolutely can't adapt to it, it just has no use.)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's simply bloody disgusting how SIMPLE, BOLT ACTION RIFLES that were issued by the MILLIONS are the least used weapons in this game. Everyone gets to take an SVT, G41, MKB, MP-40, PPsH... what the hell happened to realism? God, I rarely ever get angry or complain about RO because I love the game(s) but this just freaking sucks. I don't feel like playing the game anymore.

+9000 on this post.

Upvote 0
A few weeks ago, pre-launch, I wrote two rather lengthy posts defending TWI, attempting to explain balance and generally saying that things will work themselves out.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61090[/URL]
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61436[/URL]

I would like it known that I fully recant my statements. I was wrong, and all the people who said that TWI had broken the game were right.

Hehe, the game can still be rescued though. I would like to give you a thumbs up, but I'm out of thumbs up for the moment. Didn't know there was a restriction to it :)

Upvote 0
^Meh I have faith in the modders.

I'm putting down the game till then though.

Thing is, we shouldnt have to wait for the modders. TW shouldve stuck to thier guns (no pun intended) and kept out all this nonsense. After the smoke clears from all the unoriginal none innovative FPS games that are going to come out this year, RO2 would have been the PC exclusive title still standing.

Does anyone else appreciate the irony that as fans of a dev company that started as modders, now we need to become the modders.

Upvote 0
99999999999% agreed, but I think they are going to leave it as it is and pissing on the name of realism to appeal the kiddies who want to be 1337. This is not what I expected from this game and I'm extremely disappointed with these "rare" weapons. We all know the G41 was in RO1, but in all maps that had it available, it was restricted to 1 or 2 people, now in RO2 it's available to at least 6 people just like the MkB that is available to 10 people.

We all know you want to atract new players to your fanbase TWI, but you don't need to piss on your old community to do so :mad:

Upvote 0
On the plus side, the AVT doesn't really need to be reduced in frequency. That gun sucks, so who cares if anyone can use it :p (I absolutely can't adapt to it, it just has no use.)

I was thinking the same thing, so you're not alone on that.

Anyways, +1 agree yada yada and all that good stuff. Just got done with a round on Fallen Fighters, we won, but dear lord...

Upvote 0
I praised RO and defended it in multiple forums, but i wont anymore because they stopped caring about the fans and stopped listening to suggestions. 3/4 of the community voted that there was too many automatic weapons and then they go and do this....

I'm one of the RO1 vets. I've played RO1 and staid faithful to Tripwire since RO1 launched. I even bought some of the games they published. It is my money (and the communities money) that made Tripwire what it is today.

This is how we get repaid?

Upvote 0
Being one of the individuals who pre-ordered the DDE, I have to agree that the MKb and AVT need to be hero weapons. They are supposed to be rare, and while veteran status isn't "easy" to get with all the necessary classes, the weapons are still in a position to be spammed because eventually everyone is going to hit veteran.

Limiting the MKb and AVT (maybe even the SVT and G41 snipers) to Hero status adds a certain coolness factor to them that no other weapon in the game would have.

I thought it was supposed to work like this: Hit hero rank with class X > receive field promotion at random or for topping the scoreboard > class X's hero weapon becomes available. I think it would work better that way.

Veteran - enemy loadout
Hero - MKb/AVT/Semi snipers

EDIT: just want to point out that I'm not raging over this feature. I'm glad TW is working on fixing the game; I just wanted to get my opinion on the subject out there before another lock.

^
This, but keep the veteran / hero thing as it is now.

Upvote 0
I actually like it the way it is. I enjoy using the MKB and I think it's a great gun to counter the PPSH. I don't see the problem. If you want to play on more realistic settings join a server that restricts the mkb to 2 a team or something.

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING, TRIPWIRE. IT'S GOOD THE WAY IT IS. :)
Yeah, why not giving the Germans a laser weapon to counter the PPSH as well?

Upvote 0
I actually like it the way it is. I enjoy using the MKB and I think it's a great gun to counter the PPSH. I don't see the problem. If you want to play on more realistic settings join a server that restricts the mkb to 2 a team or something.

Let me guess, you don't want it changed because you're dominating helpless Allied players with it? Give me a break. Especially when the PPSH is useless due to too much recoil in this game.

Also: This game is advertised as being realistic and historically accurate. The mkb42 is a prototype weapon that was rarely ever used. So yes, there is something EXTREMELY wrong here.

Upvote 0