• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I havent played the recent patch yet, but this is looking like the realism people were unfortunately correct in their fears that these weapons would be way more accessible than what we were told... :(

I remember page after page of arguing the validity of:

First, the gun being in the game since there isn't any evidence of the weapons' use at Stalingrad.

Second, we were assured over and over again that it was a "hero" only weapon meaning that it was going to be a long while before we could use it, and that virtually only one person per team would have either weapons.

As a concession i agree with unus. Since I have used it some in sp, it handles like the real thing, that is, beats every other weapon on the battlefield. I'm hoping it will be limited.

Upvote 0
Game feels like COD or BF now with all these high powered long range automatic weapons with great mobility.

I remember one of the stable things of World at War was how many silly and exotic attachments you could get for your guns.

now look at RO2.

Look at me, I'm running around with a prototype assault rifle with a scope and bayonet!

Upvote 0
I agree but limiting or nerfing the Mkb42 is not the answer IMO. The AVT-40 just needs less ridiculous recoil. It seems like while TWI based most of the guns recoil on the real thing, they never got the AVT-40 (since its pretty damn rare). While the Mkb42 fires intermediate rounds and the AVT fires full rifle rounds, it should have higher recoil, but not the ridiculous RO1 SMG recoil it has now.

Look at the M14 a battle rifle firing full 7.62mm that is notorious for its "insane" recoil:

M14 full Auto, 20 round burst - YouTube

Upvote 0
I agree but limiting or nerfing the Mkb42 is not the answer IMO. The AVT-40 just needs less ridiculous recoil. It seems like while TWI based most of the guns recoil on the real thing, they never got the AVT-40 (since its pretty damn rare). While the Mkb42 fires intermediate rounds and the AVT fires full rifle rounds, it should have higher recoil, but not the ridiculous RO1 SMG recoil it has now.

Look at the M14 a battle rifle firing full 7.62mm that is notorious for its "insane" recoil:

M14 full Auto, 20 round burst - YouTube

Actually limiting the MkB should be the answer. And from videos of the AVT being fired it looks like it has less recoil than IRL. Just because the M14 and the AVT fire similarly sized rounds doesn't mean that the internal mechanisms of the AVT are anywhere near as well made or efficient as the M14.

Upvote 0
I just don't understand why the ratio of bolts-action rifles to other types of weapons is so low?

One of the main reasons I play Red Orchestra is for bolt-action style gun battle... I mean damn, I feel dirty for running around with the Mkb :(.

Yeah i switched back to an mp40 and then went rifleman just out of pity lol.

64 man server with like 10 riflemen. lol wut?

Upvote 0
Actually limiting the MkB should be the answer. And from videos of the AVT being fired it looks like it has less recoil than IRL. Just because the M14 and the AVT fire similarly sized rounds doesn't mean that the internal mechanisms of the AVT are anywhere near as well made or efficient as the M14.

I can show you videos of any battle rifle, and as long as the man firing them is not an idiot (like the guy in the AVT-40 video in question who jumps backwards like a moron), they don't shoot into the sky after the 4th shot like the AVT-40 in game.

Upvote 0