• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlocks for the dp-28

it could be body armor
weapon_dp3.jpg

But I hope it will be this :)
2943543.jpg

Upvote 0
I still feel a bit cheated about the lack of unlocks. I understand that TWI want to historically accurate.

But there must have been some examples of modified DP-28s out there. Maybe a fire selector switch? Different types of magazine? Even an option to melee with it would be good. I often get caught reloading and wish I could rifle-butt the guy in the head with my MG.

Anything would be better than nothing at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still feel a bit cheated about the lack of unlocks. I understand that TWI want to historically accurate.

But there must have been some examples of modified DP-28s out there. Maybe a fire selector switch? Different types of magazine? Even an option to melee with it would be good. I often get caught reloading and wish I could rifle-butt the guy in the head with my MG.

Anything would be better than nothing at all.

Some examples. None found. Not in great enough numbers to make sense.

Dual magazines are rumored.

The gun is to heavy, over 20lbs, over twice as heavy as a Mosin Nagant 91/30, so I personally don't think melee is an option.

Upvote 0
In CoD WaW you could unlock bayonets for some MGs. So much realism... :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I can't think of any suitable upgrade for the gun. In fact, I can't think of any suitable upgrades for a lot of the guns. I think only heros should have access to the really rare upgrades. And gypping the PPSH by giving you an extremely rare mag and making you level up before getting the extremely popular mag is really stupid.

The Japanese had bayonets for their LMGs.

Upvote 0
Indeed. The Type 99 LMG did indeed have a bayonet attachment point.

And the Type 96 as well. Ah, they really did love their bayonets didn't they?

Japanese small arms were really quite odd. They had some good bolt action rifles, some bad ones. And a fair list of bizarre and generally terrible mgs. And to top it all off a dire lack of smgs. The only smg they made in any real numbers, the Type 100, only had 24,000-27,000 made.

Upvote 0
The MG34 unlock is a higher capacity drum magazine mainly used in an AA role. It makes perfect sense to give the Russian MGer something outside of the infantry role and that is the DT that could have been taken from a knocked out tank. It's pretty much a DP28 with a 60 round pan magazine.

6OGdo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0