• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

lag lag lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the faintest idea when the ping of 300 to 500 will be fixed!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: only asked 15 times

How about stepping back for a sec..taking a deep breath and remembering that there is prolly a ****aton of clueless server admins out there that put RO2 on their machine that are NOT capable of supporting a high playercount ( and if you might have looked into the server hardware recomondations you might have noticed the high requirements for those servers ). I try to avoid all 64 player servers as of now and stick to the 32/40 servers...still haveing the ocassional screw up but at least the pings are stable...YET AGAIN PEOPLE..use some reasoning before making RAAAAAAAAAGEEEELEEFUUUUUUUUUU threads...ty.

Upvote 0
Blacklabel hit the nail on the head. Play on an official TWI server in your region, and your pings will be in the 80-90s. Some server admins have been pushing their hardware beyond it's limits, or have configuration problems. The server performs fine on hardware within it's recommended specs when properly configured.

If you notice every MP game release EVER in the history of the universe has this issue. Server admins push their hardware too hard, all of the players gravitate toward the servers that are well adminned and set up properly that can handle the game, those overloaded servers empty, and after a week or so everything is fine.

Reactions: vbloke
Upvote 0
banhammer.gif

People like you @ Sixty9Eyes have some problems with patience and a lack of listening to others and just shut up for a second,

If you would have just done something like join a 32 player server (as mentioned before) you would have no problems.

Being in a clan that runs our own server I can tell you that server admins can not do anything about this even though we exceed the recommended specs for 64 players by far we still get pings of 120ms sometimes.

TWI will look into this and will fix this

(hell, even the damn president commented on your thread and believe me you hardly ever if not NEVER see that on other companies and their forums.)

My job is done here,

DIVZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Though I dont agree with the OP's tone he does have a point.

Seriously Ramm when the second patch came the pings went up.
The servers that I played on were favorited so were same servers before and after patch and there was a definate increase in ping.

I went from 60 to now normally over 100. PB may have been a part of it but it is still high on non PB servers.

Upvote 0
see..i have a diffrent problem with the game seemingly not wanting to start. ( also introduced after the last patch ;) )
It does at times..sometimes it does not. What do i do ? I try again and again and it will start at some point. Next thing i do after some hours of playing the game i go to the BUGS section and try to be as reasonable as possible about the subject at hand. I never experienced what you said tho. But thats me sticking to like a handfull of server that from experience are A. well administrated and B. seem to be capapble of supporting the playernumbers as advertised in the browser.

You on the other hand have the same options as i have. You could carry on crying wolf on that issue wihtout any further knowledge or will to teach yourself about the subject at hand..OR you find a nice server with nice people where everyone gets a free pony to their nice pings during the loading process.

if all afromentioned points dont apply to you..get your 25 whatevermoney you payed for a ****ing awesome game back and just leave...dont look back..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been playing on some of the TWI servers and the lag can get bad, not just for me but for other people playing in the server. I am not running FF or downloading anything in the background and I have never had this much lag on a multiplayer game other than ARMA/ARMA 2. This is again with the official servers, expect for maybe the one in LA, all the other continental US ones seem to be very hit or miss.

Granted most of the lag is probably from server admins allowing too many slots for the hardware, the lag issue has been pretty spotty even on servers that handled 64 players well during the beta.

Upvote 0
So blacklable you want me to learn why its broken? what do i look like to you a bum who sits on his arse all day, looking into why my game doesnt work i payed the developers to do that for me. My PC runs the game on ultra and doesnt even break a sweat. its a 2500 pound pc. its not anything on my end i can do about it its TW.

Upvote 0
So blacklable you want me to learn why its broken? what do i look like to you a bum who sits on his arse all day, looking into why my game doesnt work i payed the developers to do that for me. My PC runs the game on ultra and doesnt even break a sweat. its a 2500 pound pc. its not anything on my end i can do about it its TW.

mhh at first i thought the topic is server related and not your e-penis ? Iam glad thats out the way...now find a server that is smaller with a good ping and play ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.