• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Cant move and Punk Buster error

Hi guys, just got RO2 off steam today and it installed and started ok. Went to do the Axis campaign but after you get instructions right at the start of the tutorial to move forward to the sandbags Im unable to move!

The W A S and D keys don't do anything and I cant look around with the mouse either. Left and right click is still working as well as all the other keyboard buttons like jump and the action button etc. I figured maybe the key binding had messed up so I changed it and nothing happened. I had a look on the forum and followed the advice about deleting the roinput.ini file but this didn't work either. I tried all the usual things on steam like verifying and de-fragmenting the cache. I tried uninstalling completely and re-dowloading the game but Im still not able to move at all!

I also get a message in the bottom left corner which says:
PunkBuster server: Critical error: Cannot load C:\users\matt\AppData\local\PunkBuster\HOS\pb\pbcls.dll and then another message saying the same thing except for the end file which is pbags.dll.

I figured this was some problem with PunkBusters installation so when I reinstalled the game I reinstalled PB at the same time. Ive no idea whats going on and I couldnt find anybody who was having the same problem. My system specs are:

Intel I5 quad core overclocked to 3.80 GHz
Nvidia GTX 460
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Sorry for the long post but if anybody could help me figure out these problems it would be much appreciated :)

Me too, i was getting the error even when going into non pb servers!!!!

I put in a support ticket, what they told me to do below. DID NOT WORK but may help you guys. I removed all traces of pb from my pc so i do not get the error in no pb servers, just cant play on my clan server:(

Note #2: Please start pbsvc.exe and run through the uninstall process. After that, run it again and run through the install process. Make sure it uninstalls/installs correctly. Reboot the computer and then try playing again. Vista (and above) users need to start it explicitly with admin rights.

Please make sure you allow the service files in security software like virus scanners and/or firewalls. You will need to allow/unblock the services PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from your "C:\Windows\system32\" folder (or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" on 64bit systems). In case of doubt, manually add both to your firewall's allow list. After the installation process you will only find PnkBstrA, so just make sure this process file is not blocked. Then try playing on a PB enabled server, in case of a kick, check if PnkBstrB was created and unblock it too.

hope it helps:)

Upvote 0
Re the pb issue (and possibly key problem) i some how managed to join a pb server through steam friends!!!! which is strange!! i did update pb first here..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\windows

still get pb issue if i try and connect through game though.

i'm pretty sure in my case a few of the check boxes/options do not stick, maybe try re configuring keys and then ctl alt dlt, ending RO and re launch

good luck:confused:

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I managed to fix that PunkBuster error. I copied pbags.dll and pbcls.dll from RO2's steam folder > binaries > Win32 > pb and then pasted them into AppData > local > PunkBuster > HOS > pb as this is what the game was saying it couldnt load. Not had that message pop up since :) Now I just need to solve the small problem of not being able to move or look around lol...

Upvote 0