• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROGAME.ede - Bad Image D3D COMPLIER_43.dll ?

Hello,
I have a problem here. Whenever I try to launch the game through Steam, nothing happens. So I went ahead and Tried running it through the ROGame.exe in the steam folder. When I do that I get the following Error with this message:

C:\Windows\system32\D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll is either not designated to run on Windows or it contains an Error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I did all the defrag and cache verification files. I tried the fix posted but it does not work. I never had beta of this game. I re installed the entire game with no luck. I also replaced the .dll file, which did not help at all. Any suggestions + help would be much appreciated. I will give you online cookie for your help.
Thanks,
~Rafael.

EDIT***

Hi I am running windows 7 home premium, and I've done all the possible solutions found on this website, including the one you suggested 7-CLOWN-7. Any other suggestions/ ideas?

P.S I will use this to communicate because I read that the moderator does not review and accept the posts for hours...?? Anyways Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes try this. Delete the file EU3Redist.exe and then do a Verify of the game by going to Steam and highlighting Red Orchestra 2 and Right clicking then Properties then Verify Cache files it will download another version of the file.

Also rename that file D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll to say D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll_OLD in the System32 folder- then rerun EU3Redist.exe, the EU3Redist will re-install from the newly downloaded one. The file D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll should be shown with date 5/26/2010 and gets re-installed from the EU3Redist.exe file.

Be sure to also be running the EU3Redist.exe as an administrator - Right click the exe and pick Run as Administrator.

Try that see if that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What exactly is going on?

If the game won't launch through steam try moving your Steamapps folder out and un-install steam completely. The game may need steam to run period.

Re-install Steam then put the steamapps folder back and also go into C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2 and delete the RedOrchestra2 folder.

Try running game through Steam again. Sorry can't think of much more to do. I'm running out of ideas.

Upvote 0
Alright, I did like you said, moved out the steam apps folder and un-installed steam. Nothing helped, and the same message keeps poping up when I run the ROgame.exe from the folder. Because when I click it through steam nothing happens.. I removed the d3d.dll file from system32 and the message does not change..? I only get this with this game, I've never had a problem like this..

Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention I do not have any folder in: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2 and delete the RedOrchestra2 folder.

The xxxx is your username on the machine. You have to have that folder if you have Windows 7. It's probably created after the first successful start of game. Since you haven't then that might be why it's missing.

Sorry you have these issues but it seems others have over the years with Steam and same kinds of issue but with different games.

Try this: go to start and run and type cmd and then when it comes up do a cd to c:\windows\system32 and then type regsvr32 D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll

As a side not when I try running the game with just the ROGame.exe I get the error Steam is Required to Play the Game. You are getting the above dll error. So try the register and see if that works that I mentioned above you should get a little pop up window with my error. If you finally get the pop up error box about Steam then you should be good. If you get another .dll error but different you may also need to register those files until you do get the proper error box.

What Video Card do you have? Make sure it's totally updated with the latest Drivers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this: go to start and run and type cmd and then when it comes up do a cd to c:\windows\system32 and then type regsvr32 D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll

I'm having some trouble doing this command? Can you specifically tell me how it should look?

I installed fresh graphics drivers yesterday as I thought that could fix it, but it didn't. I'm on Asus G72GX with Nvidia GTX260m 1gb.

Upvote 0
Hey 7-CLOWN-7 Thanks, for the cmd info. When I do that I get the following Error:

The module "D3DCOMPLIER_43.dll" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with binary or dependent .dll files.

The specified module could not be found.

Do you think that debuging it would help? If so how can I debug that .dll file? And I just wanted to say Thanks for all your help 7-CLOWN-7 I really appreciated.

Upvote 0
Be sure to disable any Virus protection or Malware protection and be sure to run the EU3Redist.exe as Administrator. Right click exe and pick Run as Administrator. Do this step no matter what but only after disabling any of the above mentioned.

Be sure that it's there since you might have deleted it. To get it back just run the EU3Redist again.

See the error you should have gotten was that it was already loaded but the entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.

Try running the command again but this time put the full path in. regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\d3dcompiler_43.dll

See if your error changes.

For some odd reason the files are not getting registered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey 7-CLOWN-7 I think we might be making some progress here, well you. Right now this has poped up:

The module "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll" is valid DLL or OCX File and then try again.

Ok that is the error you should have gotten. Have you tried running the ROGame.exe again to see if you get the Steam error? Add me to your Steam so we can chat rather than filling up this forum... LOL

7_CLOWN_7 is my steam name.

Upvote 0
i have the same D3Dcompiler_43 problem

i have the same D3Dcompiler_43 problem

i have the same problem and have sent 7_CLOWN_7 a friend request on steam any futher help on here would be nice if 7_CLOWN_7 cant help me.
and if 7_CLOWN_7 is reading this please accept :D i am very stressed at this error.

thanks Joe

ps i and not playing red orchestra. it does it for every game i play

Last edited:
Upvote 0