• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commissar's House is still unbalanced in favor of Axis

TheDOW

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Problem 1) Axis ARTILLERY - There is generally only one approach for most points and Axis can shut this down while hitting Allied spawn at the same time. I consistently see Axis artillery kill 20 guys in one salvo because it lands right on spawn.

Fix: Restrict Axis to mortars only, more than enough to stop Allied problem areas because theres seriously only one approach for point B and points C and E and F. Also get rid of lockdown after first point.

Problem 2) Even Allied capping points in spite lockdown will consistently run out of tickets by No Man's Land

Fix: Boost tickets, for both sides

Problem 3) Axis AI coaxial guns - more accurate than human players. Can snipe from across the map effortlessly and difficult to challenge because Axis have better cover on eastern side of map. Allied infantry approach is suicide.

Fix: Dumb down coaxial AI, or remove AI gunner entirely.

Problem 4) Lockdown - Past point A, there is no reason to keep this mechanic. The map is incredibly difficult for Allies to win without it, keeping it only makes it more frustrating.

Fix: Get rid of lockdown past the first point.

Commissar's has the potential to be an amazing, perhaps my favorite map but right now the map mechanically favors Axis in an unfun way. Please fix this.

This is probably the most imbalanced map I've seen in any game I've ever played.

• Allies have to jump out of a window on the far left side into a long and open stretch of land. They get no defense against snipers/MG's and I've been killed many times the instant my feet touched the ground.
  • House 81 is simply designed poorly in terms of balance. Every side the Russians can approach it from is completely open ground with plenty of positions for defenders to hit them from. Russians have to jump through a window into an open line of fire once again. That or they can run to the door on the right and get cut down by the inevitably camping PZ IV with aimbot hull MG.
  • Why in the hell can the Axis drop artillery more or less on the Russian spawn? Aside from killing people left and right it means Russians can't move anywhere without being permanently suppressed.
  • The park on the far right of the map is an utter catastrophe for Allies. PZ IV's camp at the other end of the road and instantly cut infantry down if they try and get across the road to the park. Even if infantry make it to the park, there is nowhere for them to go to prevent getting shot from across the map.
  • Lockdown timer's implementation on this map is simply stupid and gives the Allies almost no chance to advance beyond the first 2-3 points.
This map honestly turns out to be pretty good if the Allies manage to capture the first three objectives (Park North, House 81, Water Refinery) but good luck doing that against an Axis team with even an inkling of what they're doing.

Upvote 0
God, this map is actually fun as heck if you can get A B and D, but holy hell some of these imbalances are infuriating. Why isn't the A spawn protected (after B is capped)? Axis can just waltz indoors and stay upstairs or shoot through windows as people spawn, isn't that what protection is supposed to be for?

Upvote 0
God, this map is actually fun as heck if you can get A B and D, but holy hell some of these imbalances are infuriating. Why isn't the A spawn protected (after B is capped)? Axis can just waltz indoors and stay upstairs or shoot through windows as people spawn, isn't that what protection is supposed to be for?
I've found that TWI seems to have forgotten to put Protected Zones in for Allies. I've had guys camping in an Allies spawn point shooting back towards their own lines and the point they should be trying to capture. In fact, I think I'm going to make a detailed post outlining these problems because I'm getting frustrated with Axis being able to go anywhere and my Soviet guy exploding if he sets one foot beyond a contested point.

Upvote 0
Such nonsense...

Capping Obj A early is fairly straightforward (and something everyone should do) with smoke & arty support from your commander/squad leaders, and very important for the rest of the map.

You must cap and hold it, then provide support from the windows covering the water plant. I'm not saying it isn't a challenge but it certainly isn't as hard as you are all making out.

Upvote 0
Get rid of lockdown PERIOD.

Because I'm used to ROOST rules, lockdown often makes it seem like rounds end completely at random.

If it takes half our reinforcements and 15 minutes to get one objective SO BE IT. Don't let some arbitrary timer dictate the tempo of the match.

QFT, seriously. Im often frustrated when the round ends randomly just when I think my team is pulling it back.

Upvote 0