• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some kind of time out problem

Mike 78

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Hey all,

I love this game and I got to play it right for about an hour yesterday which quite I'm gratefull for since it was the best gaming experience I've had in years.

However, after an hour I started having connection problems.

Whenever I now connect to any server I get some kind of time out after 20 seconds or so. So the match starts fine, I spawn, all is still fine and then after half a minute the game stops sending me packages and it seems like the server crashed on me but I know it hasn't. So the game stops for me, all players just move in straight lines and all gameplay stops. I can now roam around the map and I'm no longer part of the match. I get no connection lost message or anything. Ping seems ok but there is no new packages coming in like latency is being blocked by something. I can fire my gun endlessly without reloading but my rounds do'n't impact.

When I disconnect I usually have problems getting the server list.

I've tried turning of my firewall and I checked my internet connection which seems fine. I have a 8 mb connection.

Anybody know what causes this problem? I can't connect to any server now without encountering this issue so I can't play :(