• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screen Flickering at bottom of screen

Rogue_Agent

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
Hi im running windowns vista, nvidia gx260SLI latest drivers (280.xx). Since day one i have had a small 3cm strip at the bottom of the screen which is white and flickers, its never goes and is present in multiplayer and singleplayer but not present in the menu. its quite annoying as its like a strobe light lol

Any ideas of fixing this? Also i can only choose two resolutions 1600x 720 or 1600x900, is this normal?

Also ive read in the forums people with XP and nvidia have been having a smilar problem but theirs is flickering colours which change at the bottom of screen....

Cheers, Adam

(i have tried different drivers too)

Should be able to at the very least pick your desktop resolution. ITs supposed to show you only compatible resolutions with your monitor but it may not be working properly.

Try this:

navigate to My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

Open ROEngine.ini in notepad or any text editor

Look for 4 entries:
ResX
ResY
SLSNativeResX
SLSNativeResY

As you may guess, these are your screen resolution settings with X being horizontal and Y being vertical. Simply change them to whatever you want that you know works with your monitor and see if that fixes the issue.

Note that if you pick a resolution your monitor doesn't support then you may not be able to see anything and may have to alt-tab out or reboot your computer

Upvote 0