• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Did i really pay $40 for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0hz3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
After having tons of problems with crashing I finally got to play a few rounds...at 15 FPS. I go look up the bug forums and it seems I am not the only one having these issues and have also found a lot more issues. No day 1 unlocks that I was entitled too? More bugs than the beta? The ebta ran SMOOTHER than the FINAL PRODUCT? After hearing all these fanboys raving about this game franchise I decided to try Ostfront and had a good time with it(It also worked too). Finaly, i decided I'll pre-order RO:2 because i loved Ostfront. A few date set backs disfruntled me a tad but I just figured "Oh, they must be making sure the game will be awesome on release". Oh how wrong I was. Thinking about refunding this "game" and putting the money towards a BF3 server(Lol the alpha was better than the release of this game). Sorry Tripwire, you have let me down almost as much as the people at COD.

System Specs-
Dual ATi HD6990's 4GB
Gigabyte Mobo AM3 supported & CrossFire ready
1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HardDrive
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE @ 3.8 GHZ
Corsair 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
1200W PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

After having tons of problems with crashing I finally got to play a few rounds...at 15 FPS. I go look up the bug forums and it seems I am not the only one having these issues and have also found a lot more issues. No day 1 unlocks that I was entitled too? More bugs than the beta? The ebta ran SMOOTHER than the FINAL PRODUCT? After hearing all these fanboys raving about this game franchise I decided to try Ostfront and had a good time with it(It also worked too). Finaly, i decided I'll pre-order RO:2 because i loved Ostfront. A few date set backs disfruntled me a tad but I just figured "Oh, they must be making sure the game will be awesome on release". Oh how wrong I was. Thinking about refunding this "game" and putting the money towards a BF3 server(Lol the alpha was better than the release of this game). Sorry Tripwire, you have let me down almost as much as the people at COD.

System Specs-
Dual ATi HD6990's 4GB
Gigabyte Mobo AM3 supported & CrossFire ready
1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HardDrive
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE @ 3.8 GHZ
Corsair 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
1200W PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Sigh, never heard of patches have you? You are acting like its the only game that is buggy at release, It should not be like that, of course, but I am getting annoyed that you people keep implying "that all games are absolutely jolly great and all on release day, and ro2 is buggy and the devs are evil and dont care"

Dont worry, the devs are working hard to fix the current issues, only one day has passed since the release...i am certain that they will fix it ASAP.

And please, threats that you will buy another game dont really bother anyone, just ask for a refund and do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh look, I'm having the same issues as everyone else on the forums! Rather than join an already existing thread, let's clutter up the forums with yet another thread reporting the exact same issue!

Get your refund if you honestly can't wait a week for the major bugs to be patched out. Your loss.

Upvote 0
It's not your hardware

The game is simply poorly optimized.

Let's face it, game looks like it was made in 2005 or so. Every current day computer with even a decent card should be able to max it out AND some.

I've turned down the graphics and got well over 30fps and game is still choppy/laggy etc. (even with below 50 ping)

You are not the only one having this issue.

If you enter 64 man server....FORGET IT. It's choppiness combined with Lag. Not sure how these servers still exist.

Upvote 0
Good luck getting a refund now that the game has been released.

This thought crossed my mind several times after reading some of these comments. Go ahead and try to get steam to refund your game, I just want to you waste upto a half hour of your life getting customer service on the phone just to tell you you're retarded for trying to get a refund on a released P.C. game.

Upvote 0
Man! You really got screwed!

But no seriously I'm in the same "bad performance on good rig" situation. I can run virtually any other game fine, but in RO2 I get between 8 and 25 fps on minimum settings depending on the map. You're not the only one, plenty of others are having the same problem with decent or even excellent hardware.

All you can do is sit tight, maybe send a log file to Tripwire (see Support Section) and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
Grab a drink, chill the **** out and give TW a few days to iron out the bugs.

To be honest I'd rather have the game early and a little bit buggy, as I can choose to play the game at my discretion. There's a lot of stuff to be fixed, but I'm 100% positive TWI is still slaving away at it.

As with ROOST, and like a fine wine RO:HOS will get better with age.

Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.