• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Games crashes on mulitplayer start up only

officelinebackeroz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
The game always crashes with a ROgames.exe error when I try to connect to a server. It gets to just near the spawn screen and crashes.

Single player works fine.

I had the mschart failed to install error and I have not been able to install it. I have tried disabling AVG and I have also confirmed that .net 3.51 is installed.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.09.14-19.03.47.log
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.09.14-18.34.14.log
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.09.14-18.32.59.log
    601.8 KB · Views: 0
I am having this exact same problem :(

I have scoured many forums related to RO2 for the past few hours and have not been able to find a solution to this problem. I do not get and have never gotten the mschart failed to install error though but still have the same symptom as officelinebackeroz does.

A solution to this problem will undoubtedly be highly appreciated by officelinebackeroz, myself and others that are to experience this problem in the future. IMO this game has such potential but can only be achieved with more attention towards RO2. The BETA seemed pointless as I can see next to no difference to the public release. From what I have played of the single player campaign though, it is quite a treat for me to play and not a single problem has occurred.

Hope to see a fix for this soon TWI.

Upvote 0
I am experiencing the same issue with the exception of the mschart install error as I have not yet encountered this error.

But like officelinebackeroz, I have no issues with the single player and I am quite enjoying the campaign. Besides all the current known issues with RO2, I do not feel as I have been ripped off, as the game is still in early stages of its public release, but imo the BETA should have helped iron out alot of the current simple faults existing in the final release.

This game will be an absolute multiplayer gem when the problems are attended to and resolved. A big thank you in advance for any and all assistance offered ;)

Upvote 0