• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance problems are still here

Veniathan

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Croatia
Look at this picture i uploaded. I am running this game on the lowest settings i pretty much can. It reminds me of Call of Duty 1 and Call of Duty Offensive from 2001 - 2002.

That's how RO2 looks like now. But instead i get 20 - 30 FPS. How is this in any way a performance "update"? It has ruined more for me then fixed. But ofcourse now that TWI is happy about the guys with Six Core cpu's having fun on ultra they probably wont even update this.

My processor is a AMD Dualcore 3.0
My Graphics card is a Nvidia 9800 GT

And i have 6 GB of ram.

The above specs are good for playing the game on Low. That means if i lower everything to LOW i SHOULD be able to get atleast 50 FPS if not 60.

I am so ****ing dissapointed in TWI right now. I cant play the game more then 15 minutes because of this .. It's just too awful. :(

I almost feel like i wasted my money on this game, What's the point of playing it with such performance problems? Oh well. Thanks TWI for your hard work atleast, I know you tried an i know you helped the others.

Attachments

• Namnl
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Try deleting the ROEngine.ini in your MyDocuments\RedOrchestra2 folder and let the game generate a new one for you. If you have tried that already, post a 'stat perfdump' of your game, and we'll try our best to help you out.

See [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61789[/URL]

Sorry for being a bit inactive but. I did try deleting the ROEngine.ini file and it didnt fix my problem. However on topic the dump isnt created for some reason.

And the thread clearly says if your hardware is good. My hardware slightly and i just mean SLIGHTLY passes the minimum settings. Thus i should be getting Okay performance on LOWEST but im not. Im happy with it being on low.

If it didnt stutter and get stuck at 22 FPS that is ..

Upvote 0
Same , i deleted the whole folder and downloaded the game again and nothing .

Be good if you had a way of profiling our systems to see what might be happening

By the way the patch on the last day of beta fixed the performance issues for me , release day game tho brought it back .

Not for me. This game is still buggy and stuff.

I cant even spend 10 minutes in the game because i get so bored of the low FPS and ****ty graphics. With a system like mine i should be able to run it on low perhaps? But no i cant. Because Tripwire decided to use Unreal Engine 3.

Tripwire has truely lost my respect by about 60% .. I used to trust them, I used to buy their games and just open my wallet and give all of my money to them.

But this is a very very big dissapointment .. I fear they will not fix these issues. :(

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm having piss poor performance as well. Radeon HD 4870x2, maybe its because of crossfire, but heres the real problem, I cant disable crossfire because the card itself is dual GPU :(

Did some google searching, doesn't disable AI solve that?
Anyways I use crossfire, I get the same performance with or without (luckely it's more easy to disable it with 2 seperate cards).
And what's weird, when I down clocked (standard clock) my i7 860, I had bad performance suddenly, overclocked it again and great performance.
Maybe try overclocking your 8400 (if you haven't).

From what I read the cpu's is doing allot of work (100% usage often) but the gpu's doing not so much. Which should be the other way arround.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did some google searching, doesn't disable AI solve that?
Anyways I use crossfire, I get the same performance with or without (luckely it's more easy to disable it with 2 seperate cards).
And what's weird, when I down clocked (standard clock) my i7 860, I had bad performance suddenly, overclocked it again and great performance.

From what I read the cpu's is doing allot of work (100% usage often) but the gpu's doing not so much. Which should be the other way arround.
I'll try disabling AI. And I have overclocked my C2D E8500 already to 3.8GHz, should be enough juice for the game

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm having piss poor performance as well. Radeon HD 4870x2, maybe its because of crossfire, but heres the real problem, I cant disable crossfire because the card itself is dual GPU :(

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/

Download radeonpro, make a profile with the games executable, under one of the tabs there is a selection for vsync control, make sure it is set to ALWAYS OFF, and there is also a selection elsewhere for crossfire setting, make sure this one is set to Crossfire Disabled and not "Alternate Frame Rendering" or "Use Driver Default"

This will allow you to have game profiles with different basic catalyst settings, without affecting other games or constantly changing settings in CCC for individual games.

This doesn't fix the root problem, it's barely even a patch up for a serious issue, but it should make the game somewhat playable for you.

AMD/ATI and TWI really need to get to the bottom of this though... it's awful disappointing. Two 5870's performance is so terribly poor.

Upvote 0
driver revision? CPU?

I am getting 45ish and stutters like hell.

Really really disappointed :(

i7 [email protected] ghz, 11.7 driver.

Just something to try maybe in config:

http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_7.html

bUseSound=True

If set to False, this disables all sound in the game. The main use for this would be when troubleshooting an issue such as stuttering, to see if audio is the culprit.
____

Although havent looked in config if that is really there.. but mabye try disabling all sounds for testing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
did some google searching, doesn't disable ai solve that?
Anyways i use crossfire, i get the same performance with or without (luckely it's more easy to disable it with 2 seperate cards).
And what's weird, when i down clocked (standard clock) my i7 860, i had bad performance suddenly, overclocked it again and great performance.

From what i read the cpu's is doing allot of work (100% usage often) but the gpu's doing not so much. Which should be the other way arround.
HOLY CRAP:eek::eek: Disabled Catalyst A.I. and now the game performs smooth with a nice framerate :cool: Definitely an issue with Crossfire, I hope it will get fixed so I can crank up the game settings and still get good performance.

Upvote 0
Bumping thread .. I need help still.

This new "patch" even made it worse. Heck i dont even know why im lagging so much. I tried tweaking from low, to medium and even up to high but NOPE. Nothing at all.

Anyone else noticed the new maps that keep coming out are less optimized? Atleast for me ..

Please tripwire for **** sakes, FIX THIS **** ALREADY.

Upvote 0