• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

Who cares if some achievments and stats are not working properly yet??
The game itself is in a pretty good state except for the performance probems. There are nearly no major bugs left, only some minor annoyances.
And you can always use the steam server browser.

Cosign, I could care less about some silly achievments to be honest. The gameplay is fun and im not having many issues, thats what matters to me, not achivments.

Upvote 0
Empire Total War still isn't fixed...

What's the point of having large oceans and multiple continents if the AI refuses to transport troops across them?

Currently been playing as Prussia. The Marthara Confederacy took a few armies over to take the Territories from Quebec, they failed terribly though only because I've been selling my advanced technologies to Quebec and the other minor nations for additional cash.

Though I will say, that's the only instance where I've seen the AI do this in my current game.

Upvote 0
Battlefield 2 was hella buggy, only became better after 2 patches and they messed it up with patch 3 it became worse again... :rolleyes:an

I had been in the beta for Bad Company 2, and when the retail came out it was just as bad as the beta.

I have played the game for a few good hours, and for a fresh released game from a indie dev it runs pretty smooth. MILLION dollar companies had worse releases!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, there are a LOT of bugs but it's not unbearable. There have been some other VERY GOOD games that released in far, far worse states. Paradox Interactive is infamous for their shiitty releases every time... and trust me, that's the proper word to describe their releases. Hearts of Iron 3, for example, had ridiculous bugs such as every ocean tile was a RAGING hurricane storm from hell, which meant surface combat was unnecessary and the most effective ocean fleets were huge packs of submarines... lol

This times a million. In the original Hearts of Iron, invincible CAGs was the big bug. In Semper Fi Japan couldn't beat China at all. I don't know what the big problem with For the Motherland is, but it is there.

In addition, MW2 had some pretty bad bugs ranging from Model 1887s having ridiculous range and the P90 allowing you to sprint forever. Black Ops had some odd bugs as well. Bad Company 2 had some pretty bad ones too.

Upvote 0
Most games get a buggy release. they all got one thing in common retards not remmimbering their buggy release and think everytime they experiance a buggy release they think its the first time.

QFT.

I can't name a single game released in the last 20 years that was released fully functional right out of the box. At least nowadays we have steam that automatically patches our broken games as opposed to trying to go online and dig through dozens of virus-ridden websites to try and find the right patch.

Seriously, kiddies. This is par for the course for PC gaming.

Upvote 0
OP: If you think this release is buggy then you probably have never played any other game then RO. All the "big guys" have problems like this. World of Warcraft had it even worse.

And Battlefield Bad COmpany 2, anyone? That thing was so broken, including the unlock system. Shogun 2 aswell.

Give the Devs some time man, Rome wasn't created in one day.

Upvote 0
Dead Island-buggy developer 360 build released to PC users
Brink- Not even going to bother
Homefront-Was buggier than the RO2 beta AT LAUNCH
BF2142-So buggy DICE released a patch the day BEFORE it launched, and it was still buggy
Fallout 3/New Vegas
APB- buggy and overbudget never fully fixed after company went belly up
Vampire The Masquerade : Bloodline- * *

Hell even BFBC2 didnt have a way to change graphics settings ingame

so no I've played games that were MUCH buggier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bahaahahahahahahahahaha.

Homefront. I spent 4 hours trying to play that game, I think I played for all of 10 minutes before the constant graphical bugs and failed missions made me turn the game off and uninstall it.

At least RO2 is, you know, FUN.

And while we're at legendary flops, how about that DNF. TWELVE ****ING YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT AND IT WAS BUGGED OUT THE *** AT LAUNCH.

Come on, this is peanuts.

Upvote 0