• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Feedback] Server Browser issues. (latest patch)

MadTommy

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2008
Firstly i know there are LOTS of threads regarding the server browser, but none that seem to be addressing what i am seeing and non for the latest patch.

I'm seeing some odd stuff with the browser.

1. Only works 1st time: Basically when i 1st load the game i see a list of servers, if i join a server and go back to the list, or simply go to the game setting page and back to the list 99% of the time it is empty and will not refresh. Restarting the game is the only way to resolve this. I have seen posts by others with this issue.
  2. Produces very varied results: When the list is working i seem to get very different results, i.e list of servers. For example i'll be on a server, want to change a setting or two, so i leave and due to the the above have restart the game. When i browse the list the server is no longer present. I understand that the server might have gone down, but this seems to happen almost every time. If i'm not seeing the complete list it would explain why some times i see only a short list of servers. I'm sure that the browser is returning inconsistent lists as i see totally different servers. I am waiting until the browser has seemingly completed its search each time.

I have been always turning off my firewall, so there are no restrictions or potential causes my end.

Luckily i am still able to play, but i do have to re-start RO2 an awful lot.

Anything i can do my end? Or is this down to TW-I?

Last edited:
This was posted by Yoshiro in one of the stickies above on the 30/08/11 so not sure if its still current, but:

"This problem is an issue with the steam master server system that we are currently working with them to address. However, until we do so you WILL need to take the following steps to work around the situation.

We are aware that some users may experience an issue in the server browser where it will report back that it has found 0 servers and it is filtering 0.

This problem is an issue with the steam master server system that we are currently working with them to address. However, until we do so you WILL need to take the following steps to work around the situation."

I'm also suffering from the same issue as you and I'm hopping that its fixed with the retail version later today...

Upvote 0
This was posted by Yoshiro in one of the stickies above on the 30/08/11 so not sure if its still current, but:

"This problem is an issue with the steam master server system that we are currently working with them to address. However, until we do so you WILL need to take the following steps to work around the situation.

We are aware that some users may experience an issue in the server browser where it will report back that it has found 0 servers and it is filtering 0.

This problem is an issue with the steam master server system that we are currently working with them to address. However, until we do so you WILL need to take the following steps to work around the situation."

I'm also suffering from the same issue as you and I'm hopping that its fixed with the retail version later today...

I thought this had been resolved in one of the recent patches.

I would also add the insane pings. it's not related to server browser but it's far more annoying when ALL players on a sevrer got 140-180 ping

With this latest patch the pings displayed for me have been far better, i'm actually seeing servers with under 60 ping.. don't recall seeing that previously.

But i'm sure the browser is not showing all the servers.. maybe its not showing you the ones with the lowest pings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steam has been updated, and the issue that was resolved with downloading the server files no longer applies. (I believe this issue was that no servers were showing up at all, and not related to the issue you are having now).

I have this same issue, the first time it works, then it dies if I refresh again. I have to wait a little while (sometimes 30 second) for it to be functional again (in fact, my internet dies for a few seconds).

The only workaround I have is using steam's server browser. They have a nice server browser, and while it doesn't have the filter options of the in-game one, it works enough to at least find a server to play on.

Upvote 0
You're not alone guys... I think the server list (After the first initial load) is the only issue I have on RO2 that i've noticed.

I don't crash anymore, the pings have steadied (A little better, much playable)

Ofcourse stats aren't recording correctly still and no unlocks but that's understandable as you need to leave something for the full release.

Excited about release later.

Upvote 0