• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

make it much harder to hit when moving!"!!!now!

Maybe you just went up against a player or players that are trained in shot leading? This game models ballistics so you can't just shoot at the perfect spot someone is in when they're running and expect to hit them, you have to lead your shots. In a previous unit I ran, I trained the members and we had specific drills to help them learn how to hit moving targets, and after we would do those drills, they got fairly proficient at it.

Upvote 0
Some of the posts here have been valid points, but it still is possible to continuously sidestep back and forth while shooting. I've seen it done quite a lot so far in the beta.

But I'm sure real soldiers were taught to circle strafe an enemy boss, in order to stay out of his bayonet range while maintaining aggro.

I'm not worried so much with whether or not it is possible to do IRL, or any other such arguement. What I do wonder about is, is this the type of tactic that should possible in RO2? It seems just too much like "twitch arcade" tactics to sit well with some.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I understand some people out there is by far capable of putting a bullet into your skull from 200 meters away, an aimbot may be another possible cause of what you are describing.

Anyway I find the moving targets not that easy to shoot, (depending on the distance, of course) but it's balanced, overall. At least for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe you just went up against a player or players that are trained in shot leading? This game models ballistics so you can't just shoot at the perfect spot someone is in when they're running and expect to hit them, you have to lead your shots. In a previous unit I ran, I trained the members and we had specific drills to help them learn how to hit moving targets, and after we would do those drills, they got fairly proficient at it.

He isn't talking about hitting a target that is sprinting through the battlefield, he is referring to people that continuously strafe side-to-side while shooting back at you.

Upvote 0