• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WOW game runs amazing (after new patch)

Hm, that sucks :(
Here are my settings: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010218775/screenshot/595822615457325740?tab=publichttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010218775/screenshot/595822615457325740?tab=public (EDIT: But.. Light Shafts is normaly off... don't know why it was on^^)

Maybe it can help you.
Btw, maybe clean up your pc? defrag etc? Newest nvidia drivers?

@Nox: I don't think so. I always tried to change FOV before the patch. Had no huge difference.
Thanks mate. Sometimes it runs better on high settings that on low here. Gonna try that when I get home :)

EDIT: Wow, it's much better now. Thank you, man! When I load a map my FPS is really low at first, like 10-15, but after a minute of two I reach 40-50 FPS, though occasionally it drops to 15-25 for a few seconds. Dunno if the same happens to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a lot of people are having stutter issues when arty and other sound intensive action occurs. Try turning your sound channels to 64 of 128 in the ini file. I don't think it's 'sticking' by using the settings menu. This helps quite a bit as the stutter I think is due to the code not being optimized for sound and when there are more than 32 channels being used, it takes a lot of cpu to figure out which sounds to filter out. When you bump it up to 64, the limit isn't hit, so this calculation doesn't have to occur.. (this is a speculation only however, it does help and makes sense).

Reactions: [TW]redeye
Upvote 0
TWI ..

Turn it to Max..

5fps

LOL WUT

Turned it back down to medium to high settings getting 60fps solid and then it drops to 30 or 40 in smoke or heavy server loads.

Would you be so kind to point me to the shop where they sell those FX8150's please?
Bulldozer CPU's supposed to be out somewhere in the 4th quarter 2011.

Upvote 0
Guys, I trust most people here have enough experience to know basic troubleshooting like update their drivers, direct x, defrag HDs, etc so it seems quite pointless for you to be suggesting these obvious things. Turning down graphics settings is also and obvious "fix" but judging by peoples hardware they should be able to crush this game. The problem lies with Tripwire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same performance - great when nothing interesting happens, 50-60fps
and HUGE fps dips that makes my mouse unresponsive when enemy opens up on me - especially in close quarters from melee distance.

I dunno wth just happened and which setting exactly gave me the boost but here it goes

Code:
DefaultRecvBufsizeInK=128 ;was 256
DefaultSendBufsizeInK=128 ;was 256

[Engine.ISVHacks]
bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True ;was false
DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=false ;was True
PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True ; was false

And it's not just the FPS boost, but overall feel of smoothness has greatly increased. Also FPS dips when PPsh opens up, and other random - especially arti dips are way down.

Upvote 0
hmm

hmm

My game runs smooth when the game use my gpu. Here is the thing.. I am playing station. Gpu usage 80 % fps 55-70 (nice and smooth) out of nothing, on the same place, with nothing interesting happend ( arty,smoke or something) i have suddenly gpu usage 40-50 % and fps drops to 30-40 or better 40-50 fps( around 60 % usage].

Thats my problem

i5-750 @ 3ghz
4 GB Ram
HD 5770 1gb 900/1440
Windows 7 64 bit
latest drivers,directx and so on,

Setting high with shadows and AA off/low.

Upvote 0
I dunno wth just happened and which setting exactly gave me the boost but here it goes

Code:
DefaultRecvBufsizeInK=128 ;was 256
DefaultSendBufsizeInK=128 ;was 256

[Engine.ISVHacks]
bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True ;was false
DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=false ;was True
PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True ; was false
And it's not just the FPS boost, but overall feel of smoothness has greatly increased. Also FPS dips when PPsh opens up, and other random - especially arti dips are way down.

Thanks for the recommendations, is it possible for you to explain what these things mean/do. I know a couple but not all.

Thanks!

Upvote 0