• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Permanent Unlocks are here to stay then?

I think the thread title is quite comedic: "Permanent Unlocks are here to stay then?" Yeah, that's what "permanent" means...

But on topic: I too would hope for the ability to attach and remove unlocked bonuses. Doesn't have to be in game with a key, a menue would suffice.

And i worry more about scope addons for certain weapons, as scopes not only greatly alter the usage of a weapon (less efficient in CQC), the scopes can seriously worsen the performance for some.

Upvote 0
I think the thread title is quite comedic: "Permanent Unlocks are here to stay then?" Yeah, that's what "permanent" means...

But on topic: I too would hope for the ability to attach and remove unlocked bonuses. Doesn't have to be in game with a key, a menue would suffice.

And i worry more about scope addons for certain weapons, as scopes not only greatly alter the usage of a weapon (less efficient in CQC), the scopes can seriously worsen the performance for some.

Not to mention it is going to be quite ridiculous when everyone starts running around with scopes. Throws the sensible class limitation on marksman right out the window.

Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0
Not to mention it is going to be quite ridiculous when everyone starts running around with scopes. Throws the sensible class limitation on marksman right out the window.

Everyone?

With the exception of the MKB42 the only weapons that will have unlockable scopes, have scopes already....i.e the sniper rifles and semi auto sniper rifles once unlocked.

Reactions: Nimble
Upvote 0
If I'm forced to stick a scope on my MKB, I'll not be a happy man.

I haven't liked the 3D scopes in this game at all: they're not realistic to what you'd actually see in real life and they lower my performance enough that I'm disadvantaged in fights.

Well, they have added the option of using the regular ironsight even on scoped guns here, but it is a hassle. And yea I am no sniperfan either, I prefer good old ironsight and would not think the addition of a scope to my gun a bonus.

Not to mention loss of historical immersion, but I guess the train has left the station on that one a long time ago.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
Well, they have added the option of using the regular ironsight even on scoped guns here, but it is a hassle. And yea I am no sniperfan either, I prefer good old ironsight and would not think the addition of a scope to my gun a bonus.

Not to mention loss of historical immersion, but I guess the train has left the station on that one a long time ago.

Sorry? Have you missed that again? The sniper rifles have scopes and you can unlock better scopes for them. You CANNOT get a scope for your bolt, semi or smg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0