• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] What settings can I expect to play at?

Hello all,

I haven't played the game yet, and I was wondering what sort of settings I can expect to play at (when all the bugs etc are ironed out)....

My resolution is only 1440x900, but I'd like to play the game at as high settings as possible!
Q6600
8800GTX OC
2GB ram
Windows 7 (32bit)

Does anyone have a suggestion on a new graphics card I could upgrade to? Obviously I don't want to bottleneck it because of my cpu (I know its old!) so I can't get anything to mad! I was thinking of something quite old e.g GTX 260 or HD 5770..

Thank you!

All the specs in your system seem quite outdated.

With only 2 GB RAM you won't be able to crank it upto anything higher but medium no matter what the other hardware in your system is.

Q6600 and 8800GTX OC are pretty nicely balanced, so replacing one would immidiately bottleneck the other.

My advice, don't bother upgrading individual parts, but save up to buy a new computer.

Upvote 0
My resolution is only 1440x900, but I'd like to play the game at as high settings as possible!
Q6600
8800GTX OC
2GB ram
Windows 7 (32bit)

Does anyone have a suggestion on a new graphics card I could upgrade to? Obviously I don't want to bottleneck it because of my cpu (I know its old!) so I can't get anything to mad! I was thinking of something quite old e.g GTX 260 or HD 5770..

Thank you!

You have almost the same specs as me, although I have 4gb ram and an AMD cpu. It would more than likely be worth you getting another 2gb stick.

At the moment I run with most settings high, AA medium etc, 1680x1050 resolution. Runs at a smooth 45-55 fps, looks great, plays great.

GfX card: I'd wait till you try the game, then you can make the judgement. The gtx 260 and it's equivalents would definitely give a handy performace boost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed--getting some more ram would the first thing I would do. This thing loads a lot of textures, and I'm crashing with just 2 gigs on anything higher than medium settings with out-of-memory errors. I think you should be able to run on medium with your settings, maybe medium-low, but more ram would be the best upgrade, bang-for-buck.

Other than that, you could upgrade your graphics card.... However, I have a GTX 460 with an old 2.8GHz core 2 duo and 2 gigs of ram, and the ram and cpu are really holding back the card on this game (or that's my guess, anyway.)

So, my opinion is first try the ram, then a graphics card, then a cpu.

Upvote 0
Can anyone max this game yet? because apparantly my rig cant even run it on medium very well with umbra culling, other **** turned off, etc

CPU: 955 BE
4GB DDR3 ram 1333mhz
MB GD70-790FX
GPU: XFX 2x5870 1GB Crossfire

I would play deus ex:HR while they fix some bugs or optimization issues but I have the stuttering bug in that game :/

Upvote 0
i have maxed it all the way out ultra on every thing and it runs really smooth for me

my rig
Processor - Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz ~3.1GHz turbo boost
Memory - 12288MB RAM
Hard Drive - 1.5 TB
Video Card - 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 768mb in SLI factory overclocked
Monitor - Acer P244W
Sound Card - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones - Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Sound
Keyboard - Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 (IntelliType Pro)
Mouse - Cooler Master Storm Inferno 4000 dpi Gaming Mouse
Mouse Surface: El Cheapo from walmart
Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58
Computer Case - Cooler Master HAF 922

Upvote 0
Your system look similar to mine, OP. I'm running at medium detail and have rare crashes due to memory issues caused by memory leaks, or so I think.

The problem with upgrading single components nowadays is that they require new connection technology. You can buy a new video card, but it probably will need a new motherboard to fit onto, and a new powersupply to run it. But will your CPU fit onto the new motherboard? Will your RAM? Yeah, you basically gotta replace everything unless you get lucky.

Upvote 0