• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion] Ammo Crates

Maj.Faux-Pas

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2006
Portland, OR
I think Ammo crates which offer resupply in the field are:

- hard to find, as in hidden in some broom closet or stairwell instead of a room or against a wall;
- invisible, some even are completely black (NCO Barracks) when they should be visible to the eye and easily recognizable;
- have to be humped from the proper direction in order to get anything (Zav's House);
- which floor is it on in this four story building? I searched all four and didn't see it and now I have to look again;
- have huge icons which are the same color as and cover up other, more important map icons (artillery, SL location).

While I appreciate the scavenger hunt as part of the fun, it wore off as soon as I found them. :(

Ammo crates need some love! More so than those poor desks I touched in Zav's house....

My suggestions would be:

- Smaller map icons for ammo crates;
- Different color for ammo crates (Brass colored bullets and green cross?) so other icons stacked on top of them can be seen,
- Light the room so the ammo static mesh is easily visible, not in dark corners but in dimly lit corners;
- One consistently used mesh that looks the same at every location in the map;
- Make the mesh easily recognizable as ammo crates, or ammo plus medical supplies, so long as it doesn't look like a desk with some boxes on it, like some do now;
- Place them in high traffic areas so you see it on the way to the next objective and know where it is so you can come back later if needed.

If I were playing in RO1, I'd just pick up someone else's weapon and use it and not even bother with the ammo crate, unless it was right there. That's the level of play on the servers I recall: hardcore killer mode, steal their gun!

Ammo crates are huge in RO2, more so than before, since smoke is so huge. Need more smoke, gotta hunt down the ammo crate. Usually it's so far out of the way or so hidden that you're out of the game for a minute and your team has capped the objective already.

Last edited:
That's not what I meant.

In RO1, you could see the red boxes and knew what they were. Not so in RO2... they blend in with the other desks and crates and things that don't do anything.

They were right on the ground, not hidden. You could see them from 50 yards.

Maybe there should be visible ammo or something, just so you can see the damn thing like you could in RO1.

Upvote 0