• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PunkBuster will ruin the experience

So, if they get banned by PB the hackers will never be able to come back in?
Whow, can't wait to play this game cheat free :D

Nah they just get banned quicker. You should know that Mr AA Social Media Manager :)

ro2hack.png

Release notes for one of the free cheats out there. Lot of updates to make it undetected after PB detection. No reference to being detected by VAC.

http://pastext.net/6647

Upvote 0
Nah they just get banned quicker. You should know that Mr AA Social Media Manager :)

ro2hack.png

Release notes for one of the free cheats out there. Lot of updates to make it undetected after PB detection. No reference to being detected by VAC.

[url]http://pastext.net/6647[/URL]

Lol..Ouch..You gotta love it when they do that..lol..I would say OWNED..lol:D

Upvote 0
Lol..Ouch..You gotta love it when they do that..lol..I would say OWNED..lol:D
I'm sorry, but the only people that are going to be owned, is the people on the recieving end of Helios Framework @ AA.
As has been mentioned here the only safeguard against cheats is skilled admins.

Even you you ban on HWid those can be spoofed, ban on mac adr, those can be spoofed, ban on ip adr, those can be changed.

You're never going to be without cheaters unless you have supreme skilled server admins with a lot of time on their hands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but the only people that are going to be owned, is the people on the recieving end of Helios Framework @ AA.
As has been mentioned here the only safeguard against cheats is skilled admins.

Even you you ban on HWid those can be spoofed, ban on mac adr, those can be spoofed, ban on ip adr, those can be changed.

You're never going to be without cheaters unless you have supreme skilled server admins with a lot of time on their hands.

Unless you ban by something that can't be changed without purchasing the game again...such as SteamID. Honestly guys, I understand the hatred of problems with PunkBuster, as you are entitled to your own opinion, but we are not entitled to our own facts =P

Upvote 0
I played on a Server Punkbuster disconnected me from for no obvious reason, after this the server started lagging like sh*t and punkbuster spammed "Speed hack detacted" and everyones ping went to like 900.
ON another Server Punkbuster made the server lag so hard the admin restarted the server and turned of Punkbuster.

I really hate Punkbuster only reason I can live with it in RO2 is that it is optional. I just hope there will be many server with it turned off.

Upvote 0
I played on a Server Punkbuster disconnected me from for no obvious reason, after this the server started lagging like sh*t and punkbuster spammed "Speed hack detacted" and everyones ping went to like 900.
ON another Server Punkbuster made the server lag so hard the admin restarted the server and turned of Punkbuster.

I really hate Punkbuster only reason I can live with it in RO2 is that it is optional. I just hope there will be many server with it turned off.

Again, let me set things straight. The speed hack detection is not PunkBuster(it's a setting that we are planning on tweaking). Even Balance(the PunkBuster developers) are currently working on this lag issue. As I stated earlier, we're still working on the PunkBuster integration and we will continue until these problems are resolved.

Upvote 0
I have played MANY games with it ... PLEASE explain to me how its intrusive. I haven't ever had any issues with it since i don't cheat ... it doesn't "Intrude" on my gameplay ...Only a few times where it was out of date and i had to update it and that's not that hard... so yeah ... put the crack pipe down plx.

I have been kicked by punkbuster twice. It's not much, but it's 2 times more than what VAC has kicked me in my whole time I've been playing VAC games (which is for many many years, started playing CS in 2001 or 2000 and VAC came in 2002).

In every game I've played that has used punkbuster, I've been kicked by it for at least a couple of times. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well, having punkbuster is not that bad, since the game is nearly unplayable with almost every server giving a latency of more than 200. (I'm finnish and even finnish servers give a ping of over 100).

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
I have been kicked by punkbuster twice. It's not much, but it's 2 times more than what VAC has kicked me in my whole time I've been playing VAC games (which is for many many years, started playing CS in 2001 or 2000 and VAC came in 2002).

In every game I've played that has used punkbuster, I've been kicked by it for at least a couple of times. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well, having punkbuster is not that bad, since the game is nearly unplayable with almost every server giving a latency of more than 200. (I'm finnish and even finnish servers give a ping of over 100).

So you got kicked TWO whole times .. wow .. crazyness. Know why you haven't been kicked by VAC? It sucks... plain and simple. I played many years of CS (i started in 1.3) and never saw anyone or know anyone banned by VAC. Yet CS is known for people hacking ... o_O

Upvote 0

Yeah, and I've played countless of times with cheaters on VAC servers, I'd rather get kicked a few times accidentally than play with cheaters. Good that we have the option of VAC+PB+PBBans.

Upvote 0
if you have any questions on how pbbans work or how the servers stream to our hub, or just a question in general we're here to help.

PB and VAC are the last stop in keep you players in servers that are fun and that are not ruined by the cheats that plague other games.

Look what happened to Homefront. it's a perfect example why Tripwire is taking an active position in the anti cheating on their servers..

most conceptions of how PB works are wrong, or people are just misinformed, if you'd like to know, please ask..

Indian..

Upvote 0
So you got kicked TWO whole times .. wow .. crazyness. Know why you haven't been kicked by VAC? It sucks... plain and simple. I played many years of CS (i started in 1.3) and never saw anyone or know anyone banned by VAC. Yet CS is known for people hacking ... o_O

That's funny, I know (in real life, not some internet acquaintance) numerous people who have been VAC banned.

Edit: Also, about the "kicked TWO WHOLE TIMES, THE CRAZYNESS!"-comment, I was kicked twice, yes, and I have played for about 2-3 hours after the punkbuster was implemented in the game. Soo... getting kicked once an hour isn't that big a deal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's funny, I know (in real life, not some internet acquaintance) numerous people who have been VAC banned.

Edit: Also, about the "kicked TWO WHOLE TIMES, THE CRAZYNESS!"-comment, I was kicked twice, yes, and I have played for about 2-3 hours after the punkbuster was implemented in the game. Soo... getting kicked once an hour isn't that big a deal?
Do you understand the concept of beta testing? Youre not so fast to judge TWI or Valve about their problems, but with Evenbalance its another thing?

Upvote 0