• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increased Overall Ping (Not PB Related)

I've found it harder to find a sub 70ms server after the patch (70ms is my limit for decent gameplay for me). I usually prefer ones around 50ms or less. But now it's really hard/impossible to find them.

And when i do find one, despite the ingame scoreboard showing my ping being fine, i find myself suddenly lagging and jumping forwards 2meters or so every few minutes. I see it happening to other players on my screen as well, i'll be shooting at them and suddenly they warp to a new position a few meters away even though mine and there pings are apparently around 50 :(

It's a game breaker for me, and its now pretty unplayable. It's not like i have a super connection, it's just a 3mb ADSL connection.. but i have no latency problems on other MP games, usually hovers around 30 to 50 mark in Valve games like TF2 or CSS.

Upvote 0
The same thing happens in BFBC2. The server broswer reports pings of 30-60. But when I check the scoreboard, it says 100.

I seem to remember Dice saying it's normal, and that 100 is surposed to be the 'adjusted ping' or 'compensated ping'. Something about balancing peoples pings to reduse desync and lag between players.

Upvote 0