• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown, your oppinoin

Lockdown, your oppinoin

• I like it

Votes: 110 17.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 260 40.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • It needs changes

Votes: 231 36.0%

• Total voters
In my opinion lockdown timer should freeze when the attackers are making capture progress. This way so long as the attackers are making progress the round will not end, and it will prolong rounds without giving the attackers too much time to attack. Lockdown is all about pressure and pushing forward, so the time does have to be short enough to put pressure on the attacking team. But I think so long as they are making progress it shouldn't count against them.

I like this idea...I've seen other games where a timer stops if you're making progress to a goal.

Upvote 0
Apartments is way easier to cap the bridges then Danzig ever was, due to being able to hoping right over into the cap, bullet penetration, and the extra two routes added on the sides. Its the players, for instance, a lot will rush past the cap zone to press further inside on the right side of the map. Fallen fighters is frustrating as well, you'll have a line of seven men, just sitting in the building shooting, 10 meters from being in the cap. I never rage at video games, but I bet this is making plenty of old school RO players rage.

+infinity. I don't think it's just new players though, the percentage of people camping or mindlessly advancing past capzones (instead of into them) seems to high for that.

Countdown is especially frustrating, even *there* people hang back when it's their job to attack.

Edit: At least this should be awesome in clan matches/ Iron Crescendo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am I missing something here? Isn't it called Countdown?

Countdown is the game mode that is like Counterstrike where the 2 teams spawn out of nowhere and one has to defend an objective while the other have to take it. Once this is done, everybody respawn elsewhere on the map with a new objective. In the beta, tis mode is playable on fallen soldiers.

Lockdown happens on territory (Apartment in the beta). When the attacking team isn't making any progress, a lockdown timers appears and when it reaches 0:00, the attackers lose automatically.

Upvote 0
I'm not a fan of lockdown and I've seen alot of people talk negative about it. So I'm starting a poll to see who likes it and who doesn't.

This is a thread for suggestions.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58900[/URL]

Get rid of lockdown. Its annoying and feels very arbitary.

Or just keep it for larger maps. RO1 Berezina map. A bad German team would take the whole 45 minute round to capture Trench Line 1. Lockdown would be useful here to put the team out of its misery!

Upvote 0
I like lockdown

They integrated it so that hopeless battles won't last forever to end.
When you can't take the first objective in 5min you won't ever win the map. Thus they end it for you right there. Short and without much pain and suffering.

I hated battles in RO1 where it was already more than clear what side will win but it will still take over 20min to finish the map... Just because the attackers are too weak to advance. And here comes lockdown into play. You can't advance? Game ends! Thats how it should be in my opinion.

Loving lockdown...

I have to disagree to those points.

You can have the first five minutes of a match go completely to crap for the attackers, but then someone who knows what they're doing takes the commander/leader role & pop smoke for their team to get into cap zones..... or a number of decent playing players just come onto the server and start changing the battle.... and start to roll over the defenders, but here comes lockdown and due to the timing of their joining, they only have 30 seconds left in lockdown and thus, no chance to keep the new momentum going.

I've been on a number of matches in RO1 and in the mod where 10-15 minutes of a 45 minute game went nowhere until a decent commander / leader took charge, popped smoke, or a number of players said "alright, enough of this, we're flanking left..... campers, pick off enemies in that direction so we have a clear path."

And most often it works..... then in 5 more minutes, the map is pretty much in the attacker's control.

In regards to Apartments..... if the defenders know what they're doing, the Russians can't do a damn thing unless someone takes the squad leader or commander roles, pops smoke and gets into the objectives for that extra capping boost.

But hardly anybody takes those roles in most battles.... and that's the weak link in this whole scheme.

If there's no commander telling people what to do and where, and they're not helping with cap zones or cover via smoke..... nobody wants to run off to their death out in the open when nobody else is following them to help, thus the camping ensues.

There have been a number of times I ran into the cap zone across the bridge and remaind there for a good 3-5 minutes behind a sandbag..... one person comes to help out.... gets shot, and then that's it.... during that whole time, I was alone and no matter how often I requested infantry support, nobody showed up or they tried and were picked off because no commander or squad leader was providing cover.

Which forces most players to stick in the buildings and picking each other off.

Which to a degree isn't that much of a bad thing.

There are a number of times I only get the bolt rifle and have little capping power and not the best at close quaters combat and I do a far greater service to my team when I stay back and cover all the windows and doors (top / bottom of apartment, as well as the far left and right doorways and underground passages) the germans like to camp, which they normally use to pick off team mates as they come over the bridge, and it also allows the assault and higher capping classes to rush across and secure the cap zones faster.

Usually when I go to the right-side apartment to pick off germans, they're too focused on the main apartment, and I also have a clear view of the central sand bags where the germans like to poke their heads out and I clear them out as well..... within a few minutes of this, both cap zones are taken.

And I'm not just doing the typical window to window shooting on the top floor, I'm scoping the entire area.

But you need someone to take the commander role or squad leader role with smoke & capping power, otherwise lockdown will almost always happen.

In regards to the lockdown itself, I'd much rather see it go or at least be able to disable it for some servers.

I miss the long battles as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the lockdown idea because it stops the game from just being an awful stalemate, but it really sucks when your just about to capture it and you get locked out. A bit more time to capture could help, and have the countdown stop while capturing to give the team a chance for some crazy last minute captures :p

Upvote 0
I think it sucks and needs to be removed. I don't care if some people are camping in the map. I don't like the idea of having tons of reinforcements left and the round ends because noone could get in the cap in time for lockdown. It should be just as it was in RO1, you fight for the objective until you run out of troops. It makes for a boring experience when you are changing maps every 10 mins or even sooner in some cases.

Reactions: Dumba [cro]
Upvote 0
If Lockdown was implemented on the RO1, Danzig (and yes, im aware Apartments is a remake) would not have been as fun as it was.

Sure, it was incredibly difficult for the Russians to win but the 15-20minutes of fighting to try and get a stronghold on the otherside of the river and then trying to fight your way through the houses and shops to make it towards the German spawn was immense. Sure, the Russians don't win alot but it's bloody damn fun trying to win either way. Lockdown would have mean't we wouldn't have experienced that in RO1.

I think that Lockdown should be tweeked or removed. Either way, i'm not fussy.

Reactions: Crusher
Upvote 0
ok there are 2 types of people:
Those who likes lockdown and those who dislike it, so there are 2 ways to handle it:
1.) leave it as it is, so ppl who hates it, will not play most maps because of lockdown, game gets boring and they stop to play the game soon.
2.) give the admins/players the freedom to choose if they want to play WITH or WITHOUT lockdown and everybody is happy !

I think best way is 2), let us choose on the server, or at least serveradmins setup their servers like they want.

Upvote 0
ok there are 2 types of people:
Those who likes lockdown and those who dislike it, so there are 2 ways to handle it:
1.) leave it as it is, so ppl who hates it, will not play most maps because of lockdown, game gets boring and they stop to play the game soon.
2.) give the admins/players the freedom to choose if they want to play WITH or WITHOUT lockdown and everybody is happy !

I think best way is 2), let us choose on the server, or at least serveradmins setup their servers like they want.

Very true, you can't satisfy everyone.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with lockdown if it would be just the first cap. If the attacking team sucks they won't make it past the first cap either way. Most people who like lockdown like it because it removes those rounds where the attacking team can't push forward at all.
I don't like having that timer breath down my neck the whole time forcing me to hurry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm fine with lockdown if it would be just the first cap. If the attacking team sucks they won't make it past the first cap either way. Most people who like lockdown like it because it removes those rounds where the attacking team can't push forward at all.
I don't like having that timer breath down my neck the whole time forcing me to hurry.

+1...I agree, and think if there was only one objective w/5 min timer all will be good ( not several obj in same 5 min timer...thats just ridiculous, and not realistic ). I mean, even with only 5 min it will be a hard push forward, but can deal with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0