• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bunkers and Half-tracks.

Give it time. Half tracks are on the way! As for bunkers, just wait to see the massive array of maps the community will make. It will be a great thing to make the great game...even greater! :D

Yeah I actually remember reading somewhere that halftracks would be in the game down the road. But at this point, the way the game functions and size of the maps, half tracks don't seem like they would serve much purpose. Maybe I'm wrong?

Upvote 0
Yeah I actually remember reading somewhere that halftracks would be in the game down the road. But at this point, the way the game functions and size of the maps, half tracks don't seem like they would serve much purpose. Maybe I'm wrong?
You played DH I guess? :) Only in DH long rides happened, RO1 was pretty boring for me if we compare it to DH.

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Half-track could be nice, but depends a lot on damage model.

Brew-ups should not be the rule

Also - over the top need left side right side options in addition to rear exit - and these need to be player choice based.

Finally - what worked really well is the mobile deployment vehicle concept in dh.

Spawn in half track if half track no in cap, or, in direct proximity to enemy, or heavily damaged (for the RO2 incarnation).

It works well - giving the immersive feeling that the HT is indeed transporting infantry to the front with no need to wait around for HT to fill.

The HT is never visually in range to anyone long enough for a disconnect feeling that scores of infantry are emerging from it...and generally scores never do. They are vulnerable machines those HT.

Needs to have a specialized crew though.

Upvote 0
Well, if they are implemented correctly, I really look forward to seeing them. I just had this discussion with the men in the unit I am in and we agreed that the maps currently in the game would not need a halftrack or UC but community ones could in the future. Plus I am sure TWI will make some to support their use. Usually HTs were used by 1 person to get to an objective and not used properly. I'd like to see them actually be of important use other than "omg HT!" *1 AP later, 8 kills*

Upvote 0
5 minutes on a halftrack, dont embelish things so much =x

there was a map (one of the annoying winter ones) where it was about 3 minutes to get to the objective, and you usually got blown up most of the way there...

Yeah, a number of the larger custom tank maps (Eindhoven springs to mind) meant at least two or three minutes in a half-track; five would be uncommon, but not impossible.

Upvote 0