• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Occlusion setting is not working

M55ikael

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
After the patch I noticed a lot of pop in, and I noticed the new occlusion setting that's default normal, but was basically high before the patch. So I changed it to high and I still get the pop in, then I notice that even though the setting is turned to high the text still says normal. Even if the setting is working I still get lots of pop up, and I never had pop up before the patch.

I've included a screen so you can see the issue. Performance has also gotten worse since the patch. I had everything on high with AA, detail and textures on ultra and getting reasonably steady 60 FPS before it. It also had light shafts default I believe.

Glitch.jpg

(I don't write umbra culling in the console btw.)

Last edited:
Well I've turned on one frame lag, and after playing quite a lot I still have pop up from close objects. Particularly T34s. Textures are also slower to transition.

There is still a bug like seen in the screenshot where I have occlusion set to high, but the text says normal. Sorry but that patch didn't do me any good. This is speculation but I believe that the game is poorly optimized, so dumbing down the graphics for everybody isn't necessarily going to do you much good. Artillery is still killing everybody's frame rate though.

Specs:
Phenom II X4 @ 3.8Ghz
HD6870
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz CL8 RAM
Win 7 64-bit

Last edited:
Upvote 0
eeer... you need to select ambiant occlusion downside

I don't think it's related.

Anyway, the full release is out and the same problem is present. I set occlusion to high, and after exiting the menu it saves the location of the slider but it still says normal.

I still get lots of pop up from objects extremely close to me. It's mostly sandbags, T34s and posters on walls.

Upvote 0