• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Joining a server is a gamble in this beta.

G1TD34G3D

Aug 29, 2011
Whenever i join a server i have a multitude of things that can go wrong, and 8/10 times something will go wrong. These include:

• A rather merciful CTD
  • A complete Nvida drivers failure that requires me to restart my comp
  • Hanging at 'Connecting...' and then having to restart the game because the server browser will not work once you quit or fail to join a server for whatever reason
  • Joining the seemingly active server only for it to be empty or having a bot or two
  • BSOD
  • Hang at 'Connecting...', F10 and exit game only to have my entire wireless network lose connection to the router which requires me to restart it and manually reconnect everyone's computer and devices back to the router (the worst of them all)
  • Successfully join the game only to have it do the above at team selection screen
Needless to say I'm really starting to lose patience with this beta. I have to go through the gauntlet of errors above and if I'm lucky enough to join the server I'm greeted with 20-30 FPS on nearly all low with a computer that definitely beats min requirements. Even then i can play for about ~2 maps before some kind of crash happens. I cant even begin to think what this game would be like if it was released on the original date, so it was a good decision to delay the release. Right now I'm frustrated at the game, not at Tripwire and the devs, i know they are doing all they can to fix the glitches and i dont doubt that they will, its just that when something as simple as joining a server is filled with so many bugs (including one that will actually overload my router and force it to shut off) i start to get worried, especially for a game due for release in about a weeks time.

I'm experiencing similar issues. However, I found that ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew works for restoring internet connection after the game SOME HOW manages to screw my entire connection up. Also, When I join a few servers, I'm getting Perma-ban notices...no reason given, and it's even on TWI official servers...

Upvote 0