• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FAO:RO2 Developers - Please Read!

Fanjita

Sep 2, 2011
I have been lingering on these forums for many months now, and having read a lot of threads thought it was about time I added to them.

The reason I thought it necessary to write this message, was to show you (the developers and any other interested parties!) the kind of impact your work is having on people I know.

First, let me say, I personally have been involved in Red Orchestra since the first ever mod release. I have owned the Steam copy for a good while and always thought you chaps deserved the prize, it truly was a groundbreaking game you created.

I wouldn't regard myself as a hardcore gamer, I appear when I can manage it. I have a few friends I game with, all spread across the UK (like me) and playing titles like COD, COH, Battlefield etc etc.

I started playing the Beta when it came out, and since then my whole group (not really a clan but almost) has become aware of it. I was astounded that since hearing of it, said group has shown an overwhelming interest in RO2 after they heard about it or got a taste for it. Even my brother has seen the game, tried it, and bought it, now he can't pull himself away from the thing!

The big names are starting to become repetitive and trivial (cue the COD bashing), and it is blindingly obvious that you folks have spent a lot of time and care so far on RO2.

So here is my point, you chaps have made something great here, and its not just the game that I am impressed with. You have become incredibly successful in what you do, from the day that first free mod was released, to the frankly impressive title that you are now working your socks off to get released.

You don't ask that we offer a shedload of cash for your title (unlike others), and have shown incredible public relations and continued development over the years. I am probably not the only one to appreciate this, as it seems most people like to start threads on negative issues, but fewer people are inclined to post the positives. But don't worry we are here, watching the moaners, thinking what a good job you've done over the years. I wish you continued success and am glad to have a copy of RO2 for myself.

Cheers.

agreed, as much as my *****ing about my really own two issues sway and recoil.

Still a top job and the mappers & artists wow guys you, you have laid you creative soul out they a so awesome that I could spend a day wandering and picking up all the small pieces of pieces of magic you have created.

Upvote 0