• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game is worse than before patch.

tescoemployee

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
I have a 32 bit operating system and 3gb of ram. My specs absolutely demolish recommended.

The game crashes on every map I try to join, has done for every map apart from apartments and grain elevator.

I've dumped logs since day 1 of the beta and nothing has improved.

I'm sick of this now, its 4 days before the launch of the game. Will I be able to play or not?

I have a 32 bit operating system and 3gb of ram. My specs absolutely demolish recommended.

The game crashes on every map I try to join, has done for every map apart from apartments and grain elevator.

I'm sick of this now, its 4 days before the launch of the game. Will I be able to play or not?

do you mean your specs demonlished the minimum??? lol, turn your graphics down. 32bit OS is blocked from even having the options for ultra, I have like 8gb of ram and still can't run this game amazingly but I get good fps at least. Read the patch notes there is a new command to put in the console to do a performance dump that you need to send to them, cause they put that in there for pc's like yours which aren't cooperating.

Upvote 0
I can feel his pain of Always crashing on Map load. It's only started to do it for me with this recent Patch(Sep.9) but I crash when trying to load ONLY Commissars House or Station I've tried everything on the forums and I even tried making my own post but the hoops you gotta go through around here for a post have delayed it.

When I crash on map load this message is automatically applied to my 'Paste' function

Code:
I/O failure operating on '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\CommissarsHouse\ART_CommissarsHouse.roe'

Address = 0x75dbb9bc (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x481241   (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4b0fb3   (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Upvote 0

Not sure if this will help but for me anything lower than high shadows I crash alot!.Haven't crashed any with high shadows enabled.

Upvote 0
Wow! Way to get people to help you :)

My mate has a similiar system to yours ( he has dual quads though ) and he has had to lower settings to play in the beta.

Maybe dismount the high horse and exercise some humility?

I've tried doing that. I've posted very often. Then ****s come up and say the problem is on my end. I'll exercise humility towards people who aren't ****ing stupid.

Upvote 0
2gb 580 gtx 5ghz i52500k

yeah Jurassic period, **** off idiot

I guess your problem (with your system not manners) is the 32bit OS. With 3Gb RAM and 2GB VRAM you loose 1GB because of the 32bit OS if I remember right.

You are not really demolishing the recommend specs you are at the minimum specs because of that.

Also how clean is your system, driver up to date, etc.

i5 5ghz -> didnt know this is possible.

Upvote 0
I guess your problem (with your system not manners) is the 32bit OS. With 3Gb RAM and 2GB VRAM you loose 1GB because of the 32bit OS if I remember right.

You are not really demolishing the recommend specs you are at the minimum specs because of that.

Also how clean is your system, driver up to date, etc.

i5 5ghz -> didnt know this is possible.

Yet BF3 alpha runs at 90 fps on max setting with 24 players. BFBC wth 32 players 120 fps...

I can run apartments and grain elevator with 64 players at 60 fps on ultra, yet I can't even open other maps.

Problem is not my end.

I want to know if this will work for me on release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are people who run this game well on med spec PC and some cant run it on high-end. Its still a beta and I guess that the drivers of Nvidea and ATI are also responsible for that.

I also get around 30fps on med and my system is better balanced than yours.

And like the others here said, which you insulted, 32bit OS is ancient and you will never reach the recommend specs of new games.

Bf3, 90fps on max with an 32bit OS. Like a 5ghz i5. Pretty strange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bf3, 90fps on max with an 32bit OS. Like a 5ghz i5. Pretty strange.

Yeah I'd say so, I have a i5 2500k at stock 3.2ghz i believe it is, 8gb ddr3 ram, 2 x radeon hd 5850's and the BF3 alpha maxed out ran TERRIBLY.. So I call bs on that as well.

BFBC2 at 120... EEEAASSYYY.. this clown doesn't realize that he has a MAJOR bottleneck in his system so he has to lie about it to try and make himself feel better lol.

Look dude if you're still reading, WE DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE CRASHING, even the best PC's can crash on a game that is still in beta testing, send in your crash dumps like everyone else and hope they fix it for you on launch, k bub?

Upvote 0