• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Still have low frames after the latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfvillain

Sep 8, 2011
I tried running the game with almost all ultra setting, setting shadows to low and turning off bloom and frame-rate smoothing. I am still getting about an average of 50 frames. my specs are:

amd phenom II 965 black edition 3.4 ghz

4gb ram

ati radeon 5770 1gb

windows 7 64 bit

I tried running the game with almost all ultra setting, setting shadows to low and turning off bloom and frame-rate smoothing. I am still getting about an average of 50 frames. my specs are:

4gb ram

ati radeon 5770 1gb

windows 7 64 bit

Your expecting performance that you cannot get with that card without the dev's devoting all programming to that card. They have to make an even balance between all graphics cards.

You can't expect your lower tier card to max every game it just doesnt happen in the PC gaming world.

If you want better frames get another 5770 and try crossfire otherwise, get a better card 5870, 6870, or a 6990 if your ATI, or 2x 460's or 560's a 480, 580.

There's a limit to how much you can complain about performance when its your hardwares fault, not the game...

Your getting 50 FPS on Ultra settings, how is that low?

When BF3 comes out and I try setting the graphics to Ultra on my 4870, do I blame DICE for the amount of lag I'm getting?

Or am I missing the entire point of this thread?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, here's an actual legitimate performance complaint: Running on a mix of medium and low settings, 1280x720, no AA. FPS drops to a steady 20 in open areas in a server with only 20 players (PavlovsHouse). Computer is a fair way above min spec: 9800gtx+, 3.4ghz core2duo, 2gb ram, Windows 7.

Upvote 0

4gb ram

ati radeon 5770 1gb

windows 7 64 bit

You get better FPS than I do, and I run with a 5850.
And only on High, shadows on medium, AO off, Smoothing off, Vsync Off.
1280x720.

Upvote 0
Your expecting performance that you cannot get with that card without the dev's devoting all programming to that card. They have to make an even balance between all graphics cards.

You can't expect your lower tier card to max every game it just doesnt happen in the PC gaming world.

If you want better frames get another 5770 and try crossfire otherwise, get a better card 5870, 6870, or a 6990 if your ATI, or 2x 460's or 560's a 480, 580.

There's a limit to how much you can complain about performance when its your hardwares fault, not the game...

Your getting 50 FPS on Ultra settings, how is that low?

When BF3 comes out and I try setting the graphics to Ultra on my 4870, do I blame DICE for the amount of lag I'm getting?

Or am I missing the entire point of this thread?

As far as i can tell my setup meets the recommended requirements. If the model of my card isn't supported it shouldn't be listed. Now i get an average of about 30-40 fps with 20 people. my previous fps where in severs with 2 other people. It also seems like some maps are bugged.

Upvote 0

4gb ram

ati radeon 5770 1gb

windows 7 64 bit
So wait a second... Not only are you running on "almost all ultra" settings with a mid-range card for this game and you're still getting 50 frames per second?

What exactly is the problem here again, because I see none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So wait a second... Not only are you running on "almost all ultra" settings with a mid-range card for this game and you're still getting 50 frames per second?

What exactly is the problem here again, because I see none.

Its better than my 5850, thats whats wrong!

ANd not to be rude or anything, but, im tired of developers not optimizing their games.
It feels like they're just helping the hardware business, like nvidia/Amd/intel in selling more and more products.
Because games thesedays barely take any leaps forward visually, but still require beefy hardware in order to run the games.

I really hope John Carmack delivers on his 60fps on a 9800gtx in rage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its better than my 5850, thats whats wrong!

ANd not to be rude or anything, but, im tired of developers not optimizing their games.
It feels like they're just helping the hardware business, like nvidia/Amd/intel in selling more and more products.
Because games thesedays barely take any leaps forward visually, but still require beefy hardware in order to run the games.

I really hope John Carmack delivers on his 60fps on a 9800gtx in rage.
There are more components to a computer than just a GPU. Yours is also another mid-range card as well for all intents and purposes.

Upvote 0
lol some n00bs in here with mid range cards wanting super good fps with mid range cards.

I think 50fps on ultra with 5770 is pretty dam good!

I dunno if the gpu efficiency and optimisation issues are fixed but i know my 4850 is giving me the frames i would expect (if not higher) and i am about to try my 5770 now. ill report back

Upvote 0
Ok, here's an actual legitimate performance complaint: Running on a mix of medium and low settings, 1280x720, no AA. FPS drops to a steady 20 in open areas in a server with only 20 players (PavlovsHouse). Computer is a fair way above min spec: 9800gtx+, 3.4ghz core2duo, 2gb ram, Windows 7.

Wow, i'm getting better performance here with an ati hd5570 which is worse than the 9800gtx+.

I think it might be the RAM, 2 gb is too low nowadays, when RO2 crashed here i could see it eating at least 1.4gb of memory.

Upvote 0
Uhm. A top end GPU to run a game thats rather far from jawdropping is poor optimization, which many developers seem to suffer from thesedays.

UT3: 140++ fps on a 5850 = Awesome.
RO2 = 30-50 fps on the same card = Not so much awesome. In a resolution twice as small.

Not saying this performance you are getting is fine but:

UT3 dont have many of the features the UE3 have now, maybe if you try comparing with Bulletstorm but again Bulletstorm is pretty linear and dont have maps as big as RO2.

Upvote 0
Uhm. A top end GPU to run a game thats rather far from jawdropping is poor optimization, which many developers seem to suffer from thesedays.

UT3: 140++ fps on a 5850 = Awesome.
RO2 = 30-50 fps on the same card = Not so much awesome. In a resolution twice as small.
Stop comparing a game that came out in 2007 on an original release of UE3 with a game coming out in late 2011 on the latest UE3 build with a ton of additional bells and whistles. In fact, even if they were on the same exact engine build, RO2 has a lot more going on in terms of graphics than UT3 did.

Apples to sandwiches.

Upvote 0
If you want better frames get another 5770 and try crossfire

that's some serious pro tipping right there :rolleyes:

umbra culling

with UMBRA set to false gives me few fps, but I can not investigate further because I can't connect since the recent patch :mad:

And no it's not placebo, I benched it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it might be the RAM, 2 gb is too low nowadays, when RO2 crashed here i could see it eating at least 1.4gb of memory.

That's fair enough, except ram shortages should cause stuttering and at worst crashing, not a steady low framerate (in my experience at least). I'm also very careful about what I run in the background so there should be plenty of room for RO to run on medium settings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.