• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horrible Frames Per Sec on Barracks...Anyone Else?

Dubzinator

Sep 8, 2011
Running with this set up with the most recent drivers:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz 8MB Cache AM3 Quad Core
6870 1GB Graphics
4 Gigs of RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Getting barely 30FPS, and sometimes it dips into the teens on barracks on medium with no AA, no AO, no motion blur, etc..

I know I'm not running the greatest vid card out there, but I get 45-60 fps on high settings in almost all modern games, including games like Witcher 2, BFBC2, DOW II, Batman AA...you get the point.

On the other maps I average around 40 on medium, which is playable....but medium?

Last edited:
Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Lots of gamers have this issue on that map,my 6870 is only 56% utilized on all maps,but when you get maps such as the barracks that sports a lot of artilery strike(almost every 1-2 min artilery) plus the map is power hog and you pair all of that with only 56% usage of the GPU well thats why we get bad FPS.

As for my 2nd 6870,that one stays disabled because in CF is iven worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm running :

Q9550 2.83 GHz
4 Gig Ram
Gtx 460
WIN & 64bit

and I have to have medium settings with custom set up turning everything like bloom, frame smoothing and AA off and still go down to 20 FPS on Barracks, average is about 40 FPS :/

We have a very similar system, but I have 2 gtx 460s. You should overclock that CPU, the q9550 overclocks really well. I had mine at 4.0ghz for awhile, but I leave it at 3.7ghz now (its been like this for almost 2 years stable). It'll help boost the performance a bit.

But yeah, I get around 40-60 fps with dips down to 20-30. Really needs optimization.

Upvote 0
i have similar system
q9550 2.83
4gb
HD5850
WIN7 64bit

i get same fps like you, around 20-30

I know we don't have high end machines, but they aren't that shabby either, what's the answer do you think? Surely we should be running better than this, I have friends using ATI on similar CPU and RAM that are playing on ultra with consistent 60FPS, is it the GPU? because the CPU and RAM should be enough for this game?

Upvote 0
For the guys who have the same Asus MoBo as me, now you maybe more clued up than me, but I have had a bit of a break through, even though admitting this makes me look like a bit of a tool lol. Essentially the bios I was running (the one the shop that put the rig together for me including the CPU I might add, left me with) didnt support the quad core CPU so essentially when I downloaded CPU Z (google will take you there) I was running at 1999.99 MHZ core speed with 6.0 multipliers instead of the 2.833 Mhz with 8.5 multipliers I am now, this has made the difference between running the game on medium to high settings. The solution was installing the latest BIOS and retesting, if you havent done this or tested your CPU, maybe try CPU Z and see how its running?

Hope this helps

Upvote 0