• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If an mg needs ammo...

Those staring people arnt necessarily retards. It seems that every second time I spawn I am unable to give ammo to MGers at all. And thats without giving it to anyone else earlier that life.

Way too often I'm just left staring like a retard when I try to supply and MGer. And no, I have no supplied anyone during that life yet. I dunno whats up with that. Sometimes I dont even get the "Press USE to resupply...", sometimes I do but it wont do anything regardless (not even going to cover cos theres often no cover nearby either).

And yea, it does already yell out that you need ammo when you pass by other players.

Upvote 0
Way too often I'm just left staring like a retard when I try to supply and MGer. And no, I have no supplied anyone during that life yet. I dunno whats up with that. Sometimes I dont even get the "Press USE to resupply...", sometimes I do but it wont do anything regardless (not even going to cover cos theres often no cover nearby either).

Only an assumption: Maybe the guy was already resupplied by another teammate?

Upvote 0
LOL at the folk getting angry, its a beta with NO flippin manual! You make a thread moaning that no one gives ammo yet fail to say how the hell you actually give ammo! :rolleyes:

I've put in quite a few hours, browse the forums, looked through the game files for a manual... nada, nothing, no guidance. I had no idea how to give ammo until about 1/2 through this thread when people are complaining about going into cover rather than giving ammo! And even now i still don't understand how it works... What classes have ammo? How do you give it; drop a bag? hold a button? jump up and down? perform squat thrusts?

If you want to see something improve i suggest you actually help people rather than just moaning.

Lol i'm not really angry just shouting something out on the forums to get attention on the subject. I'm a machine gunner most of the time its what i do best. If you don't understand whats going on when i shout out non stop: i need ammo and i am standing in front of you (it is at this point written on the screen: press Action to resupply!!!), you obviously just don't care. If you don't know what to do it is you're job not mine to ask what to do!

But i think my demands in game seemed quite obvious, what do you guys think?

It does bother me a bit to see people that just don't give a sh** about you, especially when you are an important component of the team asking for something.

A well placed machine gunner can make the difference between win and loss and those who have fought next to me know this.

Upvote 0
I've had a few times where a teammate would sit in the other window, plinking shots (actually nice to have a rifleman to cover the area you can't turn), but generally they're oblivious to your shouts for ammo.

Though once in a great while a mighty friendly host will storm your room and shower you with brass goodness while you happily now down foes. That makes me smile.

Upvote 0
Lol i'm not really angry just shouting something out on the forums to get attention on the subject. I'm a machine gunner most of the time its what i do best. If you don't understand whats going on when i shout out non stop: i need ammo and i am standing in front of you (it is at this point written on the screen: press Action to resupply!!!), you obviously just don't care. If you don't know what to do it is you're job not mine to ask what to do!

But i think my demands in game seemed quite obvious, what do you guys think?

It does bother me a bit to see people that just don't give a sh** about you, especially when you are an important component of the team asking for something.

A well placed machine gunner can make the difference between win and loss and those who have fought next to me know this.

Its not necessariy about not caring. Like I mentioned above, probably half of the time when I try to resupply, I cant. Its not about already having resupplied someone else either. If I spend time staring at you, I REALLY try to give you a,,o, but due to the various bugs/bad designs, I simply cant give it to you.

The other half of the time I have already resupplied someone and cant help you anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL at the folk getting angry, its a beta with NO flippin manual! You make a thread moaning that no one gives ammo yet fail to say how the hell you actually give ammo! :rolleyes:

I've put in quite a few hours, browse the forums, looked through the game files for a manual... nada, nothing, no guidance. I had no idea how to give ammo until about 1/2 through this thread when people are complaining about going into cover rather than giving ammo! And even now i still don't understand how it works... What classes have ammo? How do you give it; drop a bag? hold a button? jump up and down? perform squat thrusts?

If you want to see something improve i suggest you actually help people rather than just moaning.
Have to agree a bit on this one.
Reading like: "Im a RO1 vet...the rest are noobs" etc is just dumb.
If you post a thread make an explanation of how to do things if it is not 100% obvious. Its good to help people ;)

And yes, I give ammo to MGs - but it could be another button than the 'USE' one...

Upvote 0
If the "give ammo" key was switched to something besides the all powerful (or useless) "use" key, it'd be sooo much easier. Also, a faster message showing if you successfully re-supplied the MGer would help, too. I've done my best to resupply, but a lot of the time, I can't tell if I was successful until a couple seconds afterward.

Upvote 0
Played on Grain Elevator as russian MG, ran out of ammo and asked for like 10mn long, with people passing by me, to finally obtain a single clip. Even Sasquatch from Tripwire didn't see i was asking, even if i was right in front of him.

I had to shoot someone in the knee to make him give me ammo.

Something is definitely wrong about this game, such things did never happen on RO1...

I don't want to imagine how things are going to be when "joe gamer" will farm to unlock his

Upvote 0