• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wounding effects.

Seethus

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Wounding is a very good addition to the game that makes the game feel more deadly, bandaging also a great addition which penalises people for being shot because if you don't have time to bandage you will die.

This needs to be fleshed out more however

Get shot in the arm - severely effects aim until bandaged

Get shot in legs - fall immediately to ground and cant get out of prone until bandaged

this will further enhance the wounding system so that shooting people effects people in many different ways.

At present, the window of time you have between being shot and bleeding to death makes any malus-until-bandaged more or less meaningless. I wouldn't mind seeing a permanent until death penalty to aiming as in RO:OST, though.

Also, consider how hard it is at present to find a place to go prone on purpose. At any given moment, a player is likely to be in a place where they simply can't go prone. How would forcing them to do it work? Ragdolling them?

Upvote 0
Would be great to have some serious consequences when being shot in legs and arms that persist after bandaging.
But I doubt we will see any limping after being shot in the leg because it needs a new animation. Just slowing dowm the running animation would look bad.
Adding more sway after getting shot into arm would be easy to implement though.
Bleed out time and bandaging times should also be way longer.

I don't understand why things like this are not implemented although the game has a nice and detailed damage system. They would add so much do the game.
It is just stupid to see how a soldier that got shot into his
leg bandages the wound in no time and continues sprinting around like nothing happened.

Upvote 0
i disagree with the wounding effects.

when you get shot PROPERLY, you die instantly.

if you shoot someone in the arm, then you failed and the opponent should have a chance to retaliate.

at the very most i would agree to a view 'bump' when you receive a hit, similar to the bump you receive in counterstrike upon receiving a neck shot.

Upvote 0
I don't think you should prone.

I think that getting hit in the arm should penalize your aim permanently, although less after bandaging, and getting shot in the leg should penalize your stamina - that is, your duration of running, as opposed to speed.

Ok, if not prone, then at least slowdown, shouldnt be able to run around firing as normal as Im sure most would agree thats very unrealistic.

Upvote 0
resulting in loss of function in one leg... so we want a 'hopping' animation with one limp leg ?

one step at a time. bandages are better than nothing.

Infact I was thinking about this "bandage system" as a placeholder for something more realistic.

I can't really believe that the developers wanted to insert in the gold version this BS feature; at least as it's done at the present.

Upvote 0