• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Is RO2 Supposed to be really CPU intensive?

Kale

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
So right now I'm running:
Windows XP Pro 32 Bit
Nvidia 9800 GTX
4(3.8) GB Ram
Intel 8300 Dou Core

Okay, while loading maps which can take up to 5 minutes, my CPU usage is a constant 100% and my Memory usage starts around 600k then goes about 10K every second till it just reaches over 1 mil then at that point my map loads and I can play with the usage maintaining this high amount. Right now I have everything on low. The sad thing now is along with this problem I updated my Card's drivers last night so see if it would help. Got into Barracks, got shot in the head then my windows drivers crashed, forcing me to do a full restart. Now this happens every time I load any map.

Now out of of all the games I have played in the past 4 years, non have maintained a constant rate of 1 million usage. The only time I ever saw this happen was when Black Ops was bugged the first week it was out and basically strangled your CPU. Please tell me when the game comes out optimized my experience will be much better than it is now.

Last edited:
I played a round on barracks and let ATI Tray Tools record my cpu and gpu usage.

The usage of my AMD x4 955 3,2 GHz varied from low 30's to nearly 90%. Most of the time 50-75.
My 5770 used 50-80% of its power most of the time.

My framerate is high 30's on average with drops to low 20s during artillery strikes.

Edit: High settings with shadows on medium.

Last edited:
Upvote 0