• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta and release date

Well they've mentioned they have an in-house build that is ahead of the releases. The people they're asking to bring in their rigs is so they can reproduce those specific crash bugs that they can't seem to do in-house.

What do you think they're doing between DDE build releases? Not coding and testing?

believe me i know they are trying. But 5 days seems like an awful short time to fix a lot of issues.

Upvote 0
The devs have an inhouse build, yeah right, that's why they are asking people to bring their rigs into the office to test it on ffs.

Whats the point of a Beta if that's true lol.

Devs need to speak up & inform the beta testers as to wtf is going on, if i hear nothing about improvements implemented by Friday, this "Beta Tester" & his 9 buddies that pre purchased on Steam will be cancelling.

Thank you for listening.

I was actually one of the people that went into TWI yesterday, I asked plenty of questions and Yoshiro was very forthcoming about anything I asked. The reason for the invite was due to the machine that I am running the game on, it is not that it was unique or some uber-build it was an average gaming machine possibly one just like yours, but not like any of the machines that they are running in house... therefore the invite.

Do you want them to give you a minute by minute, or would you rather they work on finishing. Let's take for example that you find a bug, so they try to replicate the exact bug using the same specs. and it only occurs on the 50th time, do you think it is important that they fix it or would you prefer a private e-mail saying "well nothing has changed on try #44" every time they test it? They have to locate the issue, replicate it, and fix it.

Get a little realistic here, just because you have no life that allows you to hit F-5 until your finger loses a nail does not mean that they can or even should respond to each individual issue if there is nothing to report, there are not enough seconds in a day to make this possible, you get updates when they have them, they have been very forthcoming on info from day one. GET OUT OF THE Call of Duty MINDSET where they feed you BS every 10 seconds via Twitter. :D

TWI has been around for a while, they are going to be supporting RO2 for some time, they don't just jump ship and disappear when something is wrong, they get knee deep in it to get it fixed.

Sorry for the rant, it is not directed at anyone in particular. I just find some of the requests unrealistic and uninformed.:mad:

Reactions: Binkot_Djakinov
Upvote 0
I was actually one of the people that went into TWI yesterday, I asked plenty of questions and Yoshiro was very forthcoming about anything I asked. The reason for the invite was due to the machine that I am running the game on, it is not that it was unique or some uber-build it was an average gaming machine possibly one just like yours, but not like any of the machines that they are running in house... therefore the invite.

Do you want them to give you a minute by minute, or would you rather they work on finishing. Let's take for example that you find a bug, so they try to replicate the exact bug using the same specs. and it only occurs on the 50th time, do you think it is important that they fix it or would you prefer a private e-mail saying "well nothing has changed on try #44" every time they test it? They have to locate the issue, replicate it, and fix it.

Get a little realistic here, just because you have no life that allows you to hit F-5 until your finger loses a nail does not mean that they can or even should respond to each individual issue if there is nothing to report, there are not enough seconds in a day to make this possible, you get updates when they have them, they have been very forthcoming on info from day one. GET OUT OF THE Call of Duty MINDSET where they feed you BS every 10 seconds via Twitter. :D

TWI has been around for a while, they are going to be supporting RO2 for some time, they don't just jump ship and disappear when something is wrong, they get knee deep in it to get it fixed.

Sorry for the rant, it is not directed at anyone in particular. I just find some of the requests unrealistic and uninformed.:mad:
You lucky bastard!!!:IS2::IS2::IS2:
P.S. You are so right...

Upvote 0
Everyone's gotta chilax. I have a feeling there will be another patch release sometime soon (tonight or tomorrow I would think) that would fix a bunch of the issues from the last patch. Then, in a couple of more days, we'll see more maps that we'll have some time to play and come up with more bugs so they can get a final patch out (perhaps on the 11th or so) in order to allow for a day or two of playtime before the final release. Keep in mind, that many of these issues may be the same bug (low FPS, CTD and sound) could all be related. They've fixed quite a number of bugs, and I'm sure have quite a number of additional bugs fixed that we will see in a patch soon.

Upvote 0