• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: zoom implementation

It is bull**** like it is. Just watch the comparison to the zoom in DH. Somebody posted a picture. It is ridiculous. Reducing the zoom to 50 % would be the best solution to make the gameplay flawless. It is ridiculous since you do not need other weapons than bolts. You can easily own snipers and mgers with this stupid zoom from 200m while standing. Once again: it is no discussion about reality for me, it is one about gameplay. I know why the bolt lovers are happy. Do not come around with your arguments about reality. This feature is ruining gameplay, but everyone is happy about better stats and that is why they want to keep this feature. Zooming in is a really nice feature, but it has to be reduced to the DH level. Then we need more sway and you would really need skill. Bolting as it is is like f****** up unarmed clowns in CQC.

Reactions: Sarkis
Upvote 0
It is bull**** like it is. Just watch the comparison to the zoom in DH. Somebody posted a picture. It is ridiculous. Reducing the zoom to 50 % would be the best solution to make the gameplay flawless. It is ridiculous since you do not need other weapons than bolts. You can easily own snipers and mgers with this stupid zoom from 200m while standing. Once again: it is no discussion about reality for me, it is one about gameplay. I know why the bolt lovers are happy. Do not come around with your arguments about reality. This feature is ruining gameplay, but everyone is happy about better stats and that is why they want to keep this feature. Zooming in is a really nice feature, but it has to be reduced to the DH level. Then we need more sway and you would really need skill. Bolting as it is is like f****** up unarmed clowns in CQC.

...it's 200m man! How far do you think that is!? If a sniper was engaging my fire team from 200m the M2 would rip him a new one. Oh, wait! It only has irons.

People are really just grasping at straws at this point. First it was, "Zoom isn't realistic! Waaaah!", this changed into, "Okay, maybe it does allow you to see as far as you could in reality, but the human eye isn't an ACOG! Waaaaaah", now it's, "Okay, okay, so it's realistic and makes sense. Yet! Yet! It ruins game play! ...Waaaaaaah!". At least pick a stance and stick to it, this desperation is getting pathetic.

Again, 200m. Go outside and look 200m in any given direction, you will probably be like, "Geee! The really isn't that far!". Also, someone link a video of this magical feat of quick sighting someone from standing at 200m. I still want evidence of this, I have torn YouTube apart searching for one. I'm starting to think this is all a lie.

-Paas

Upvote 0

Yet without the zoom, suddenly bolters would be helpless against our more effective SMG friends, as they would be unable to pick them off before they got within effective range.

So now we have to nerf the SMG to keep things balanced. It's back to it's old "huge spread, massive recoil" it was in RO1.

Suddenly MGs are too overpowered, as they have huge range AND they punch through cover. So now they need a nerf...

Oh snap, now snipers can hit anyone from 600m away with no skill! NERF!

Upvote 0
Well, there are plenty of games that cater to unreality.

Upvote 0
4th option:

Zoom in as soon as you hit ADS. If its realistic to zoom in, then we shouldnt have choice when our eyes decide to be realistic or not

What? In real life you have peripheral vision and you can adjust your focus, that, according to the argument, is what the zoom is supposed to simulate... So why would you force everyone to focus? That makes no sense... :confused:

Oh, and my vote would go to leave it, it is fine... And what happened to the poll?

Last edited:
Upvote 0