• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Will we have a 64bit executable at release date?

I dunno if i'm quiet right, but doesnt 32bit apps can only use 3.12GB INCLUDING video memory ?
That would probably resolve some crash/perfrmance lost for some guys ...

I don't think this is accurate. If you are running a 64 bit system with 4 Gigs of ram windows will see 4 gigs.
The game being in a 32bit mode might only see 3 and use 2, but because you have 4 total it would not "share" with windows.

So the game should have 2 gigs of system ram + 1 gig GPU ram all to its' own.

Upvote 0
A game running with 32 bit executable can use over 2gb of RAM. APB:Reloaded uses some 2,4-2,5gb if you have enough to let it run, and that game also only has a 32-bit executable.

RO is unlikely to come that high in RAM consumption, the main reason APB uses that much is the customization. Also, we dont have 32-bit users complaining about out of memory crashes, which pretty much means the game uses well below 2GB of RAM anyways.

Upvote 0
32bit applications are limited to 2^31 bytes (2GB) normally. Under a 32bit OS, they can use up to 3GB with some tricks. Under a 64bit OS, they can use up to 4GB with some tricks. In other words, only a 64bit OS should be required, a 64bit executable should not be necessary since the game won't use more than 4GB at a time anyway.

VRAM has nothing to do with this limit. Although, many games use managed DirectX resources, which means that all textures and models are copied to both main memory and video memory, to allow for quick reloading (after an alt-tab for example) and swapping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0