• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Being shot at doesn't have a strong enough effect?

Colour

Aug 23, 2011
I've noticed that when a machinegunner nearby shoots, your rifle moves a little according to each bullet. I thought that maybe a shot that causes supression 'damage' caused that person's gun to move so much so that an aimed shot would miss, maybe supression would work a lot lot better and make it so people can have the epic firefights they want?

I think, maybe if being shot at, not just hit, had an effect on the person's performance by jolting the gun and maybe reducing accuracy, then the game could be a lot better? Opinions?

Reactions: Murphy and Centory
I think, maybe if being shot at, not just hit, had an effect on the person's performance by jolting the gun and maybe reducing accuracy, then the game could be a lot better? Opinions?

It already works that way. You have obviously never been missed only by inches.

I got killed lots of times because my gun moved after a bullet hit the ground next to me, making my own shot miss the target.

Upvote 0
I agree with this. The effect in terms of color fading and the little vibration is good, but it needs to physically move your gun around. In RO1 it made it nearly impossible to shoot while taking fire. It was possible, but always an 'event' when someone was able to return fire against an MG or SMG with any accuracy.

In RO2 I can spray with an MG and the person will stop, aim and fire with no adverse effects. Considering a 'Hero' unit is in place to mirror these incredible feats of courage (Like...Standing in MG fire to kill the gunner.) the suppression or 'Fear' effect on a common foot soldier should be incredibly debilitating when under fire. Even a bolt action should theoretically be able to provide a noticeable suppression effect over extended periods of time.

Upvote 0
It already works that way. You have obviously never been missed only by inches.

I got killed lots of times because my gun moved after a bullet hit the ground next to me, making my own shot miss the target.

In my experience it never worked against me or against my opponents! I have never missed because of a bullet missing me, and anyone I shoot at whom I miss by a little has little trouble hitting me just after!

Maybe the effect isn't strong enough? I don't even notice it.

Reactions: Nachoguy5
Upvote 0
it is definitely noticeable when an MG is firing at you for sure. You have to be already suppressed I think for just one shot to effect your aim but it happens for sure.
Damn it, I don't know... 1v1, my mg against a rifleman: my bullets miss him from 60m and he shot like nothing happens something like a second after. I die... not always but sometimes happens.

Maybe it's a problem of netcode: too much time I've seen players putting rifle bullets in the torso of some assault guy at 3m without killing him.

Sometime I noticed it in RO1, but here I see it more and more since close combat are more frequent...

Do anyone know if the netcode it's the same of the old RO?

Upvote 0
I agree with this. The effect in terms of color fading and the little vibration is good, but it needs to physically move your gun around. In RO1 it made it nearly impossible to shoot while taking fire. It was possible, but always an 'event' when someone was able to return fire against an MG or SMG with any accuracy.

You play the same Ostfront as me? I don't remember suppression affects, maybe some slight view distortion (very slight), but nothing to move your aim. Do you mean Darkest Hour?

Personally I find suppression with SMG's that modifies an enemies aim to be silly. If someone misses with a high rate of fire gun, that shouldn't impact the enemy negatively. It just allows you to spray shots until you hit. People should feel suppressed because they can be shot at, not because the game tells them they are. The balance is messed up too, since it makes SMG's and Semi's not only easy to fire and forgiving, but make the enemy's aim move around randomly

MG's can do suppression, as that is their role imo. It could affect aim a bit, if people have to have that, but would rather you fear the weapon because it can kill you and penetrate walls, not artificial stuff like moving your aim. It doesn't feel real and takes me out of the game, like I'm not controlling my guy. The black and white effect when the meter drains is just an annoyance and seems to stay for a random amount of time even when no action is happening nearby

Upvote 0