• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does the 'I need ammo' message actually work?

Highway_Star

Aug 31, 2011
I am mainly an MG user, and I have to spam the 'I need Ammo' message constantly. I want to know if that message can be heard by people around me. I know the writing appears above my head, but on realism servers (ones without overhead names) that doesn't work.

Can people nearby hear my calls for ammo?

Because right now, no one seems to know Im asking, I never get resupplied.

Whenever I see an MG in a fighting position I try to toss him an extra belt. It only takes a moment and, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't effect your ammo count.
It is the first thing I do after I respawn: looking around to see if there is a mate with a MG to supply him.
I even run after them to do it and only after that I go my way into battle. :)

Reactions: JohnnyRaygun
Upvote 0
I've been fighting right next to an MG before, where he would yell every once in a while "I need ammo!" but when pressing t it wouldn't show his request and walking next to him didn't give me the option. In fact I just walked right through him. Silly RO.

Was he prone?
I think few times I have tryed to give ammo to machinegunner who was prone and I would not get the option.

Someone who has time could test that bug? (I'm going to bed...)

Upvote 0
The first time I tried to resupply an mg I hit the good old G key and blew us both to pieces...hehe oops.

But I'm having trouble resupplying mgs as well, it just doesn't seem to take. I spam my use key and nothing happens, the said Mg'er walks off in disgust still screaming for more ammo. Its a little embarrassing. :eek:

Upvote 0